It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
(female)

bellevuegirl HB User
Acne tips at best

everyone does go through it (I myself am still getting over it) I was once one of those people who just had it sooo bad i got scars. I can't help you get rid of scars with these tips but I can tell you how to prevent future acne.

First off, DO NOT go to the doctor for medicine for acne. Most likely, they will give you an antibiotic to fight off the bacteria and you DO NOT want your body to become dependent on this. While it may sound appealing, acne won't last forever, I promise you. However, the antibiotic side effect will. I did this and took one for years and now am paying for it. While my acne may be pretty much gone, my immune system is extremely weak and I suffer from terrible allergies. Antibiotics break down the immune system very slowly and you become more susceptible to sicknesses that are floating around. In other words, if a flu is in the air, you most likely will be the first to catch it and it will take longer than the average person for you to get rid of it.

Most acne products on the market are...well...fake. I have tried probably everything there is out there and I can tell you the best thing for me was just regular old soap and water (antibacterial soap to be exact). I washed once in the morning and once at night. I also applied a face mask for clarifying my skin (that sometimes seems to work well) Other than that, everything else either did nothing or made it worse.

Same goes for shampoo. I wouldn't waste my money on expensive shampoo that was made for acne. I got the same result from Suave daily clarifying shampoo (note: any daily clarifying shampoo is for oily hair and removes build up of any type) (tip: don't ever overshower, that can irritate the skin even more and just produce more oil for that acne)

Lastly, change your pillowcases, sheets, etc. at least twice a week (this may sound like a lot but it is very necessary for someone with oily skin) The sweat and oil is usually there on your pillow when you sleep (especially if you haven't showered) It makes it worse if you shower and press your head to dirty sheets, pillows, etc.

vitamin C can also help with acne (I know it sounds weird but Vitamin C helps build the immune system and fight off bacteria in the body so you will produce less oil) While orange juice is great, I recommend tablets. They are all natural and not harmful, they just store more than a glass of orange juice. Take them like you would regular medication, maybe 2 tabs 2-3 times a day.

lastly, avoid oil-based products

-good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to bellevuegirl For This Useful Post:
mkdas (07-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread