It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

BrokenReality HB User
Exclamation nothing seems to make a difference...

Hi everyone..., I'm new...

I've recently been prescribed Necon 1/35. I was originally on Yaz - then Fem Con Fe. (Chewable Mint Method) I had trouble with break through bleeding throughout the month so they thought it would be clever to increase the hormone level. Or w/e. Turns out nothing seems to make a difference...

I feel sick to my stomach. I've gained about 20 pounds. I'm normally 130 pounds or so at 5'4''. I get hot a lot and I feel like throwing up. If I didn't know any better I would think I was pregnant..., which I know isn't the case but trying all these different bc pills has been making me feel edgy. I'm also on Zoloft btw. And I know this has something to do with it. In all honesty I wish I would have stayed on Yaz - I was the most familiar with it and it didn't seem to have as many side affects. But then again look at the troubling things that reports have been saying about it.

I originally was put on bc - to control my acne. But at this point I'm fed up with the entire thing. I don't like feeling this way and I am considering going off of it for a while. Just to see what happens with my skin. I am single and not involved so I just don't care anymore. Acne for me began at 12 or so and now I'm 22...

I wouldn't recommend going on Necon/Ortho. By far the worse side affects I have ever experienced from anything I've taken.

Everyone's different though so you may not all agree..., just sharing my thoughts.

I've been on all the antibiotic treatments - none of which worked long term. I was almost prescribed Accutane at one point but then my skin seemed to be improving. I'm almost thinking that going on that pill might be better in the long run - none of the bc pills I've been taken are exactly "safe" either.

Anyway my advice to all of you - is to not always think that going on some pill is the solution. Sometimes it can just make your problems worse...

Hair loss, weight gain, moodiness, depression, dizziness, break through bleeding - are all possible side affects regardless of what bc you decide to go on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread