It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2003, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Post My ortho-tri-cyclen diary

Hi all,
Ok I am going to write this diary as information for all of you interested …let me give you a backup on my history for ref. Age=28, Female, Acne=mild to moderate, Location=jaw line, (for 14 years…although currently not there with elimination of sugar), upper chest, and upper back (mild), frequency=high before period, low after period. I would say I am 100% clear one week out of the month. Type of acne=pimples, not cystic currently (although was cystic around jaw line). Have I tried BCPs before? No. Am I currently on any other medication? No. Am I taking any supplements? Yes. What? Flaxseed oil sporadically and zinc sporadically (when I feel a cold coming on). Dietary changes? I don’t eat nor have I eaten refined sugar in past 9 months. This has cleared me of cystic acne, however I still break out on my chest and back which I believe to be hormonal…hence my trying the ortho-tri. Another perhaps important fact is that at age 20 I developed a very large fibroid tumor which was surgically removed along with an ovary…so I only have one ovary left. Doctors have informed me that this won’t afftect my chances of getting pregnant if I wish to, nor will my hormone levels be affected. Well, that was 7 years ago and I don’t feel different hormonally and my other ovary is fine so I don’t know…maybe the bcp will be good for me, or not.

So I will let you all know how it goes. I took my first pill last night. I really don’t expect this to work; I just hope it doesn’t make my acne much worse. I decided to go with the ortho-tri as I have read some people experience bad breakouts from all the diff. Bcps, and some clear up from them…so it just depends on the person. I just think that with my history thrown in here it may help you decide that if you want to go the BCP route, if ortho-tri may be the route for you.

HTH!

Delphi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Day 2:
Skin looks good..face a bit puffy this morning...but went down. No breakouts.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Day 3:
Skin looked fine...a couple minor breakouts (flat) but I applied some salycylic acid on them tonight so they should die a swift death. Oh, and a zit on my neck which was rather large which I attacked (bad me) but is now on its way out...I think that wasn't related to the ortho...I think I am still way too early-on to comment on any side-effects or breakouts...I am sure that will happen in a few weeks or so.

Old 01-31-2003, 08:28 AM   #4
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Day 5:
Skin looks good..no breakouts

Old 02-03-2003, 09:09 AM   #5
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Ok, I just took day 8...no breakouts at all. Skin is clear! However, on day 7 developed a headache at night which was kinda painful...not too intense...but there...almost like a mild burning on the right side of my head. I understand headaches are one of the side-effects...i usually don't get them so I am not too fond of having a headache. Last night thought I didn't notice a headache, and I don't really have one now. I am a bit more moody though...but it comes and goes...we'll see how this goes.

Old 02-03-2003, 11:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
Delphi-
thanks for taking time to post your bcp diary...i am sort of similar to you in age and acne, and toy with the idea of bcp's but just can't make up my mind. i'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out for you!

Old 02-03-2003, 07:46 PM   #7

carly20 HB User
Angry

OTC BLOWSmy skin was clear for the first month or two but now its breaking out bad in places where ive never had acne. and it made me gain weight i wanna switch asap

Old 02-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #8

lisa411 HB User
u know what..the thing with the bcp is that you have to be sure to take it at the same time everyday..i heard if your even off by five mins uve messed up the whole cycle..perhaps thats why its not working for u...u should try it the next month and take it at the exact same time every day..dont even be a minute late..ive been using diane 35 and honestly that has done wonders for me

Old 02-04-2003, 08:16 AM   #9
Veteran

ana_24 HB User
It takes 3 months to fully see the benefits of the pill. I wouldn't expect changes in the first month. I had great results with Diane 35. Good luck to you!

Old 02-04-2003, 08:24 AM   #10

heartsicle HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by lisa411:
u know what..the thing with the bcp is that you have to be sure to take it at the same time everyday..i heard if your even off by five mins uve messed up the whole cycle..perhaps thats why its not working for u...u should try it the next month and take it at the exact same time every day..dont even be a minute late..ive been using diane 35 and honestly that has done wonders for me
This rule only applies to progestin-only pills. For combination, you can be an hour off (before or after your set time) and you should be fine. Obviously it's GOOD to take it around the same time everyday, but you don't "mess up your cycle" if you're only a couple of minutes off. So don't get paranoid. :>

Old 02-05-2003, 03:14 PM   #11
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Ok...so day nine...uh...let's see. A couple o'zits here and there...chest area looks not too good right now...but the face is relatively fine..(I mean what's two zits right? Seriously...) So overall...my skin is like it has always been...no better or worse for the wear. Like I said, I don't expect this to kick in for a good long while...and I'm patient...until tomorrow...

Old 02-13-2003, 08:40 AM   #12
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Talking

Ok day what...19 or so? Skin looks very good...and texture is much improved. Had a bout of depression for a day, but now I am up again and have been for the last 3 days...so not a big deal. No headaches to report or fatigue and bloating is gone. So I am quite happy so far...

Old 02-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #13
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Skin looks pretty good...had a stressful weekend and a LARGE zit popped up on Sunday which had me freaking...but I iced it and got the bad stuff out, and it wasn't cystic so it's down and healing now. Also had one on my NOSE which is irregular, but that's gone too...and it was mainly flat and unnoticeable. I am on day 24 now and on innactive pills...mood is good, no headaches, a bit of fatigue, no bloating and no CRAMPS which is a shocker for me...but great side-effect! So that's the news from me for now...

Old 02-20-2003, 06:37 AM   #14
(female)

BrandedPrincess HB User
I am glad to see your having a good experience with Ortho Tri Cyclen. My experience was bad.

Old 03-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #15
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Well let's see...week 6 now...skin looks ok...not much better than before really...very dry and flakey..I use Jojoba oil for that. My breasts are sore all the time!!!! That sucks...plus lately I feel like *****-queen or tired all the time, and some trouble sleeping...like I said...we'll see how this goes...

Closed Thread