It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2003, 07:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Post Minocin Mr and quionoderm cream 5% update

Day seven of my new regime and as yet i havent broken out in any new spots whatsover,ive had headaches and some dizziness from the minocin but ive been taking ibuprofen every now and then to combat that,which works pretty well and hopefully wil reduce any inflamation left in my skin too.
My skin is fairly clear now apart from 1 cyst type spot on my left cheek and a small spot on my right cheek,it just seems that it takes forever for the spots to clear up when i get them unlike friends of mine who seem to have a spot one day and within two or three days its totally gone(jammy sods lol)
Im glad to report that using quinoderm 5% instead of 10 % hasnt caused me any problems with dryness and flakyness at all,the little bits of flakyness that i have noticed have been blasted away by using a good tea tree oil moisturizer.
By the way i am also using Bactroban antibiotic cream on the cyst type spot because i dont want to risk over drying it and ending up with a nasty red mark that could take months to go as ive just got rid of one of them buggers after 3 months.
As soon as my current active spots clear up i will then be concentrating on how to combat oily skin,ive tried ketsugo gel but that didnt really help much at all and ive tried a synergie sebum control moisturizer which was great at mattifying the skin but i reckon it was that that caused my current breakout,so ill be interseted to hear from anyone whos had success at controlling their oily skin,also if your using a sebum control mositurizer where does the sebum go?does it just sit in your pores blocking them up causing bigger spots?does anyone know about this?
Anyway thats it for now,id also like to say you guys are all great and have kept my spirits up over the past week.

[This message has been edited by scouselad1974 (edited 03-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread