It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2003, 08:39 AM   #1

BEGALILLY HB User
Post I need major help!!!!

My skin is driving me insane. I have moderate to at times severe acne, I am 22. I am so sick of trying to treat my acne so I just went to a gentle regimin. I am using purpose cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer. Yet, still my face is so dry that I can't stand it. I cna't to anything with it. I am at a loss. I don't know what else to do. I only cleanse at night which has helped a little, but not much!! I like to wear make-up and I haven't been able to becuase when I put it on it just flakes off and looks like total crap!!!

does anyone else have this problem? Or has anyone figured out a way to help this? I am not using anything harsh whatsoever!!!!! I don't know what to do!!!

Nikki

Old 03-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #2

Sammypie HB User
Thumbs up

Try using jojoba oil.... my skin is a white snowy flaky mess after I wash it (because of harsh medications, not just naturally like yours, but it's flaky all the same), then I put aloe on (just because with my skin, I found if just used the jojoba oil, my skin felt dry still, with some oil on top... hard to understand, I know... but it just felt better when I put the aloe on first, but lots of people on here use it alone), and while its still wet, I massage in jojoba oil all over.. works wonders, no more flakes!! They come back as soon as I wash again, but at least they are gone while I need to show my face in public. I haven't tried make-up over it yet cause i gave it up in favor of my skin 3 weeks ago, but I have read people on here who have used it before make up and liked it. I have just used powder, and its didnt flake off.

------------------
*~Sammie

[This message has been edited by Sammypie (edited 03-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread