It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2003, 07:42 AM   #1
Veteran

laur HB User
Post Tiny oil filled pimples-------why and where do they come from????

As any of you know who may have read some of my posts, I get these little oil filled pimples which most clearly seem like the pore was closed and the oil couldn't get out, thus it got trapped. If I don't release it, which takes only a gentle touch of a tweezers, the oil keeps building. They don't just dry out. After the oil is released, they generally scab over almost immediately and are a little red, then I put the mint julep mask on them to dry them up. I get these usually under the nose and along the sides and around the mouth. Just when I think they may be going away for good, I get more. Now I'm talking 3 in one area and 4 in another and maybe another 3 over there. and always close together or at least in the general vicinity. You know how it is. They rarely have anything but oil (clear) in them and sometimes are a little swollen, but most of the time I catch them when they are just forming. Why is this?? I have been on yasmin for about 8 weeks (all active pills) and about 50 mg per day of spiro since september, and accutane every other day for about 4 years. I also use glycolic facial wash at night.....wash only with water in the am and use jojoba oil twice daily since 8 weeks ago. Is it just me?? Do any of you get these?? Also If I get one , it seems like another comes in its place maybe a week or a month later. Is it acne or am I fighting something else. Does this sound like any of you?? Now don't get me wrong , It does seem better overall since starting the yasmin, but I am still getting them. Also, it seems like I always have flared a little during the second week of each yasmin pack.....of which I am on my 3rd pack because I skip the white pills and just start another pack. Any reason this would happen?? I thought yasmin is monophasic??

Any thoughts, gals???
L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 10:35 AM   #2

SamitaChohan HB User
Hi i dont know nothing about this yasmin stuff but maybe it isnt reacting good with your skin type thats why its causing you to break out. Whiteheads are always quite hard to get rid of even though they look like 1 squeeze will do the trick, but basically its like having a blackhead but instead of being in the skin it discharges out Just keep your hands away from your face dont pick at them or touch them just let them dry out naturally

Old 03-06-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
Veteran

laur HB User
Hi and thanks for the reply. Actually I have had these since before starting the yasmin . I also have had them before starting any treatments so its going on about 5 years now. I can't complain I guess because the yasmin and spiro have cleared my cheeks fairly well and the breakouts do seem less frequent, although there is never a time that I don't have these tiny little ones somewhere, either breaking out aor starting to heal. It seems like a circle.

Thanks again
L

Old 03-06-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
Veteran

laur HB User
Just another note : sometimes these are in and around my "laugh lines" so I am not sure what that is all about. Maybe the jojoba oil isn't getting in but rather staying on top? But I do rub it in so I'm not sure that's it either. Of course I also get them above my top lip and on my chin too. So I guess that wouldn't make sense. I hate this guessing game !!

L

Old 03-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #5
Veteran

Testament HB User
Yes, dont touch them liek the previous poster said. Just gonna be worse in the long run.

Good luck!

Old 03-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #6

ShadyLady482 HB User
I get these too, but I have no idea what causes them. They're so irritating, I try so hard not to touch them but then they seem to never go away on their own. What interested me is that you said you get them in your 'laugh lines;' I get them in the places where my face creases when I smile as well. Does anyone know what causes these and why they would occur there more often??

Closed Thread