It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2003, 07:51 AM   #1

John17 HB User
Question Cyst that just wont go away!!!!?

What can i do??? i have a cyst right on the side of my mouth, that has been there for over a week. it went down a bit and now its back!! what can i do to get rid of it?? im desperate!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
hiya pal ive got the exact same problem,ive had a red cyst like lump on the left of my face for 2 weeks now,it started out as a bump under the skin and it just seemed to get bigger for 1 week,now 2 weeks later the swelling has gone down slightly but the area is still red and unfortunatley i dont have the answers you need my friend but you could try taking ibuprofen as this helps to reduce inflamation and it gets rid of the pain if you have any that is? If you do get any replies or any advice on how to git of rid of the cyst id love to hear from you and vice versa.
Best of luck mate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 10:27 AM   #3

SamitaChohan HB User
Wink

Hi, i had the same problem i had a cyst on my face and it was there for months unfortunatly i had 2 have an operation to get it removed my personal advice is to get an appointment with the dermotoligst as soon as u can because i know how stressful and embarrassing it can be
good luck

Old 03-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #4

Tummy HB User
Luckily I have been cyst free for 2 weeks which is the longest period of the year. of course I'm bound to get one soon. I hate cysts because they take a WHOLE month to finally disappear and the red mark to at least fade a little bit. Most the time you deal with cysts for 2 weeks and then a red mark for 2 weeks...they really are the WORST kind of acne.

I suggest antibiotics for these along with Mint Julep or Tee Tree Oil, something that can really dry them up. I use Skinoren which helps a lot, but like we've said before it just cuts down on the amount, does not exhalt them.

Old 03-06-2003, 08:42 PM   #5

alicejean HB User
A zinc supplement is the answer.

Closed Thread