It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Unhappy Need to vent !

I'm just totally depressed.I'm just getting more and more zits.It wouldn't be so bad if some would just go away but they aren't doing ANYTHING ! I must have 100 little bumps on the left side of my face and they just sit there.I have tried drying them up but they only turn red and won't budge.I've tried this Skinoren which is somewhat moisturizing but it just makes more zits.They won't shrink or come to a head or anything.The right side isn't as bad and the zits seem to heal somewhat,why won't the left side of my face do anything.Why do these zits just stay the same day after day after day after day.I'm really depressed and am afraid of Accutane.I just don't understand what is wrong with the left side of my face.
Has anybody ever had this problem where there zits just sit there FOREVER and do nothing?

Old 03-06-2003, 08:36 PM   #2

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
Mine's the right side.

For awhile there I looked real goofy because the left side of my face was clear...as was my forehead, chin, nose...everything but the right side of my face.

Could it be your pillow case? That was a problem for me awhile back (although it's not now - it's simply picking at them), and changing my pillow case more regularly (VERY often) seemed to help a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 08:39 PM   #3

guychan HB User
yes i had problems with my acne on one side to. ALot of zits and the other side i had just a couple no big deal. It kept getting worse,and i hit a terrible low. I then said i never remember breaking out this bad, so i stopped the neutragena multi vitamin acne treatment, and within a week most of it went away. It can be what you using, etc. I mean it went away, but that can not just be from stopping the stuff, cause how come the other side didnt go crazy? i dont know man. Im not the person to be giving so much advice, when i dont know half as much as many people here, but maybe try switching something more gentle etc??? i think acne is just one of those things really no one knows what causes it, and it effects more people then others. sorry i cant help you more.

Old 03-06-2003, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
No, I always sleep on my back.I also have not picked any zits.I only picked one this entire month because it had a huge head on it.

Old 03-06-2003, 10:42 PM   #5
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
Did you try masking?

Is it milia? Those tiny skin colored bumps you see when in sunlight looking at your reflection?

Old 03-07-2003, 05:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
No,these are a lot bigger than milia,I have always had milia on my chin and under eyes but those little things don't bother me.Anything unnoticable doesn't bother me.But these things look horrible.I've tried using that Queen Helene Julep or whatever it was called in the past and because my pores are so large it just gets stuck in them and makes things worses.This morning I woke up and now theres a lil cyst trying to grow on the left side of my nose.I still have the brown scar on the right side of my nose from last months cyst ! Sheesh, I wish this Spironolactone would start kicking in.I know its early but maybe I should up the dose.I'm scared to death what my next period is going to bring and that isn't for a couple weeks.This is suppose to be my clearing up time but instead I'm breaking out more.I haven't changed my diet either.

[This message has been edited by dsheldon3 (edited 03-07-2003).]

Old 03-07-2003, 05:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
Sheldon: Usually a dematologist will have you try antibiotics before accutane.

Old 03-07-2003, 05:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
Sheldon: Usually a dematologist will have you try antibiotics before accutane.

Old 03-07-2003, 05:49 AM   #9
Veteran

laur HB User
Hi,

Just wanted to add a bit. I get the ones that stay forever too. They are red bunps under the skin and you KNOW they are going to sit there forever. I've tried the mint julep too but it dries out the top surface and then nothing. After doing this for a week or so....a week later the same bump is back. I hate them ! I really thought the yasmin was starting to help and just when my confidence got up, my skin started breaking out again. If you find anything that helps let me know. PS how much of the spiro are you taking??

L

Old 03-07-2003, 05:51 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
50mg. in the morning and 50 mg. at night.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:23 AM   #11

FDNYwife HB User
dsheldon,

I think you should try to hold out hope that the Spiro is going to work. Did your doctor put you on 100 mg a day? Ask him to increase it to 200 mg. Also, maybe try to get the name brand since everything I read seems to indicate that it's more potent. Is going on BC an option, like Yasmin?

Hang in there--I think this stuff is going to work for us.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:29 AM   #12
Veteran

laur HB User
When did you start the spiro?

Old 03-07-2003, 06:43 AM   #13
(female)

too old for this HB User
Hey dsheldon, I know what you're talking about. I used to break out pretty bad on the left side (what is it about that damn left side??). Not too many, but big ones that would just sit there and sit there. As soon as they started to come up I knew that they would be one of those eternal ones. No matter what I put on them, same. It was so frustrating. I felt like I had to squeeze them--hell, if nothing else was working I might as well try that. Occasionally I'd get some pus out, but never all of it and they'd just come back.

Ironically, it's that TOM now and I've got one on the RIGHT cheek this time. It's only one, though, so I should be grateful. It would help if I could keep my hands off it. It's not so bad in normal light, but in fluorescent it looks like this purple blob. Ick.

I feel for ya.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:30 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I have only been on the Spiro about a week.I don't have a doctor.I'm thinking since this generic brand isn't as potent and I'm not really having any side effects that maybe I could increase it to 75mg. in morning and 75mg. at night.I haven't had any increase in going to the bathroom ,as a matter of fact I have it less now.I use to wake up in the middle of the night and have to go but now I sleep through the entire night.It hasn't been making me tired either.Maybe thats because its not very potent.It was pretty cheap though compared to other online sources.I'm going to try to stick it out here for a couple months and if things are still getting worse after a couple months , I'll have to figure out what else I can try.

Closed Thread