It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2003, 07:22 PM   #1
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
Post I hate body acne

I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it.. I hate it..

I just want my body acne to be gone..I always get invited to the jacuzzi, but I never go. I loved going to the jacuzzi when my body acne wasnt as bad, but since ive been on accutane its gotten so bad... why wont it go away!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Why isn't your Derm giving you anything to help with the body acne ? Was the body acne there before you started taking any of your prescripions? Maybe one of your scripts is causing it. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
Veteran

Testament HB User
I hear ya, for my graduation i went to a party where there was a jacuzzi... It was outside in the dark so I went in, but still felt very uncomfortable. I hate it more when I goto the lake to go swimming with friends.

I feel your pain... I hate my body acne more than my facial acne these days.

Good luck!

Old 03-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #4
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
my derm doesnt know about it yet, she knew i had some body acne, but lately its been getting worse, she didnt ask me to see it last time i went... so i dont know.. im going back on friday, ill ask her then

Old 03-05-2003, 11:14 AM   #5
(female)

too old for this HB User
I know how you feel. I didn't go to the beach at all last summer and refused to be seen in a bathing suit or tank top.

It's a little better now but still not good enough to be wearing anything that would reveal the skin, esp the back. Summer will be here before long and I'm not looking forward to it.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:30 AM   #6

dimples26 HB User
You people with body acne really should try tea tree soap. I'm telling you it reallllly does work. I get body acne (not overly bad but noticable) on my chest and upper back and it clears it right up. Just a thought though..
~take it easy~~

Old 03-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #7
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
where do you get tea tree soap?

I think the increase in my acne may go along with the increase in number of showers i take a day (i usually take 2 hot showers a day.. which is probaly too drying to my skin, which could be breaking me out) anytong think so?

Old 03-05-2003, 04:55 PM   #8
Veteran

Testament HB User
I only shower after I do my workout or before I goto work of course. I do, however, shower twice a day after a hockey game where i try to rinse much quicker to get the sweat out of my hair.

I have been using tee tree oil on my body for 4-5 days now and havnt seen too much of a difference dimples, how long did it take for you to see results?

Thanks

Old 03-05-2003, 04:58 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Unhappy

Well I just lost my BF because of this stupid acne.Would someone just drown my head in that there jacuzzi ?

Old 03-05-2003, 06:33 PM   #10
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
im sorry sheldon... i think i lost my girlfriend to acne, but she never said it. ill join you in the head dunking.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:29 PM   #11
Veteran

Testament HB User
If these people left you because fo your acne... what does that say about them?

Old 03-05-2003, 11:55 PM   #12
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
that they are beautiful and we want them back.

Old 03-06-2003, 09:25 AM   #13

Matt M HB User
dsheldon3 and TiredOfThisAll,

I think we've all lost a lot due to our acne. I know I've lost a ton of self-esteem for a start, but I truly sympathise with you. I try to think of it this way. If a significant other can't deal with a loved one's acne then they're just not in that place in their life yet. Better you let go of them in the hope that they grow up.

I hate my body acne, it's so persistant, and what makes it worse is that I have no acne on my face nowadays so people are shocked when they see my back. They never say anything, but I hate changing before PE and at the gym.

Grrr... I've got a holiday coming up in April and we'll be staying with old friends and they're gonna take us to the beach an stuff and I'll have to take my top off! I'm tryin like 500 different things right now so I might get the tea tree soap.

Old 03-06-2003, 09:47 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Matt M , Why do you have to take your shirt off just because your going to the beach? Why not just leave it on ?Maybe the sun will help it if its still broke out by then.

Old 03-06-2003, 10:05 AM   #15
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
also, i found the sun/beach/salt water helped to clear my body acne for a while last summer.. it felt SO good... to lie there by the pool with people and not have to worry about if people are looking at my zits... cause i didnt have any

Closed Thread