It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
Veteran

laur HB User
Post Does mint julep work for the ones "under" the skin??

It does help dry out the ones above the skin that have come to a head, but I can put the mint julep on the ones under the skin for a whole week and although the skin on top of it my dry out, it is still under there lurking. Any suggestions? I even put it on and remove it about 5 times throughout the day and still no luck !!

Old 03-07-2003, 11:44 AM   #2
Veteran

laur HB User
Bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran

Testament HB User
Well, the mint julep mask should only be used once or twice a week. Lots of people have the problem that it causes redness. I have the black marks all over my nose but what im starting to like now is this skin peeling product im using. I just used it once but my nose is completely smooth after one use. I'll do an update when i try the product a couple more times.

Good luck!

Old 03-07-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
What do you do with the ones that are almost to a head where you can see it forming, and they are all red around them and it has been weeks and weeks and they still have not completely gone to a head.They can't dry up until they come to a head and when you put a drying agent on them it does nothing but make the surrounding tissue redder.Do you just give up and break out a needle and risk spreading the infection and making things worse or do you just keep waiting and pray for a miracle ? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif
What would YOU do?

Old 03-07-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
Veteran

laur HB User
I either get them where they are under the skin from months like a defected pore or where they are raised little fluid filled "blister looking" pimples. Those I admit to "popping" (I know...that's a NO NO) and the others Just stay there ..literally. I am not sure what to do with them. I am thinking about trying the cp serum. I bought it 3 weeks ago and am scared to try it. Am I a loser or what?? !!! LOL

L

Old 03-07-2003, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
While I was using the CP serum my face was looking a lot better except I was breaking out on my left side.I wasn't breaking out too much any where else though while I was using it .I continued to use CP serum on the left side even though it was breaking out.The redness on the left side of my face continued to decrease however the zits were multiplying very fast.I don't see why If it was the CP serum that I would break out on the left side and not the right.The CP serum seemed to help the right side clear up some.Well, anyway that time of month came and I had the worse breakout in acne history ! lol.I don't think the CP Serum is what caused the breakout but I would not attempt to use it again until my face was clear just to be on the safe side.

Old 03-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #7
Veteran

laur HB User
I can't remember what else you're on right now. I get confused with everyone sometimes. Do you take meds?

Old 03-07-2003, 02:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I have been on Spiro for a week.Skinoren for 2 weeks.I take 50mg Spiro in morning.Wash face with Phisoderm and apply Skinoren.In the afternoon I usually eat an all natural raisin bran cereal, grapefruit ,carrots and Romaine, sometimes a protein drink.Afterwards I take Saw Palmetto,Ester C,Zinc,Lutein,Bilberry,Milk Thistle and RedClover.The last 4 herbs I do not take everyday but maybe every other day.For supper I usually have 3 eggs and toast from Italian bread,Or about 2 sandwiches from a can of Albacore tuna .Afterwards I take 2 Calcium ,boron,1 flax,selenium ,2 MSM, Betaine Hydrochloride. Wash face again as the Skinoren has it looking and feeling like a face full of vaseline by now.Apply just a lil Skinoren.Around Midnight I take 50mg of Spiro again and wash face again and apply Skinoren.
Sometimes if I get a few hives I take A Cimetidine during the day.I also drink green tea sometimes during the day.

[This message has been edited by dsheldon3 (edited 03-07-2003).]

Old 03-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #9
Veteran

laur HB User
Hopefully you will have good results with the spiro. When I took it starting in 1992 for hormonal acne it cleared me right up and kept me clear for 5 years. I miss those days!! Then it just gradually stopped working, I guess because of my hormones. But anyway after trying everything under the sun including accutane for 5 months, and after 5 years of messing with this, I just want it gone ! The spiro was a dissapointment to me this time because it was too drying with my other meds. I had initial breakouts everytime I increased the dose and the dryness was awful. Of course this was before I knew about the jojoba oil ! Anyway I have been on yasmin for 8 weeks and the same with the jojoba oil. I have been taking spiro for 6 months (although now I only take 50 mg to reduce the drying effects). and I still take accutane every other day. The only thing that kept me "relatively" clear (and I use that term loosely) was taking accutane 5 days per week, but I am trying HARD to cut down until I can be off it completely. Every time I think I'm clearing, It comes back and is such a Huge disappointment, ya know?? I am praying the yasmin will work. I may try the copper peptide serum although I am scared to. I was also thinking about increasing the spiro to 75 mg per day to see if that would help. I'm not sure if it would really dry me out though. .......

Anyway, please keep me posted on your progress.
Luck
L

Closed Thread