It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2003, 08:05 PM   #1

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
Unhappy Feeling Sad...

well today i went to the mall and i saw this very pretty dress, so i decided to try it on.The dress showed a lil clevage and i notice a few lil marks on my chest(about 5 of them). The marks were caused by pimples. Well i just felt horrible, i felt so sad. My face is all clear, well almost. I started using neutrogena body clear body wash again,since i got good results b4 .now those stupid zits are back. I never felt this low b4.... i left the dress and walked out the mall

Old 03-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #2

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
Hun, you don't know how much I can relate!!! Awhile back, a few of my friends and I stopped into all the overpriced dress stores at a far away mall we were at, and I was the only one not trying anything on because of pimples on my chest and my back! I wanted to soooo bad, but I couldn't!

Even now, I can't wear half of my shirts because of a few leftover spots...and a few new ones, of course. I'm using Phisoderm body wash and it's definitly having a positive effect so far...I just can't wait for the day when I'm just plain ol' clear...not "getting there" or "just one or two spots left."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 09:33 PM   #3

mestupkid HB User
I cant believe u girls are crying over something that stupid. You have an almost clear face and u whine about that? geesh. you dont know how bad some of us have it. be thankful.

Old 03-06-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
hey mestupkid... that was just that.. messed up.. who do you think you are coming here and calling someone pathetic for being upset by having acne.. whether it be 5 pimples of their chest or a face full of cystic acne.. i ahve acne on my chest and back and know that i miss out on so many things because of it, but i dont miss out on stuff because of my face. true most people here probably have it a lot harder than her.. but dont come throwing names around just because she has less of a problem to worry about, she still feels insecure about it, and you should respect that.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:49 AM   #5

mestupkid HB User
i dont care. still whining about that is stupid.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:04 AM   #6
Veteran

laur HB User
Most people here have an acne problem that to them is bad enough to make them search these boards looking for a possible "cure". If this person feels bad about not being able to buy that dress, why is that so awful?? Sometimes , no matter how bad your acne is or where its located, you just want to feel "NORMAL". We all intelligently realize that there is somewhere out there that is worse off,including feeling that we are the ones worse off than the person writing, but that doesn't give us the right to criticize........just because we see someone else's acne as not too bad.

L

Old 03-07-2003, 07:07 AM   #7

Chris M HB User
sorry I have to agree with mestupkid, it's a little pathetic to moan about such a thing, I mean there are people who have moles and stuff on their body that probably find it harder than you.

And what about the people with a face full of cysts? I mean they have to live with it all the time and they can't just cover it up with clothing and stuff like you can do on your body, just live with it, try your best to get rid of it but a lot of people have it a lot harder than you.

Chris,

Old 03-07-2003, 07:10 AM   #8
(female)

too old for this HB User
mestupkid, you have a right to your opinion, but why don't you exercise a little courtesy and consideration?

We're all here to help each other.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:12 AM   #9

FDNYwife HB User
I didn't realize there's a threshold for how much acne you have to have in order to say you feel sad. Who instituted that policy--God? I'm new to this board so I might not be as positioned as some of the senior posters to say this but if you don't like a thread, don't respond.

Old 03-07-2003, 08:21 AM   #10

nact HB User
FDNYwife, good point...you have to wonder why people would respond to the thread if they find it that pathetic?? I find it pathetic that anyone can be so completely rude to a poster who is sharing her feelings! Feelings that are real and make her feel horrible. I didn't realize to some people this is all about who's problem is worse and who is entitled to "whine" about it.
Babydoll, I hope things start looking up for you. And feel free to continue to share your thoughts here...not everyone will judge you unfairly for it ;-)

Old 03-07-2003, 08:27 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I can relate babydoll, I use to be able to feel comfortable in my bikini when my back was clear and did not have any acne.But then one day someone said my back looked really bad and Said it had a rash on it.But it was clear of any zits.I have quite a few flat brown moles that have gotten really big and look bad and I also have these strange dark gray patches in the middle of my back which is what they thought was a rash.But I have had it for a few years now and know it isn't a rash.It just looks awful.I'm assuming that the sun caused this since I use to lay out in the lake all the time so now I stay out of the sun.I probably should get it checked out but I've researched skin cancer pictures and other skin disorders and have not seen anything that looks like this.If it weren't for the fact that is on a place on my back that I can't reach I might try bleaching it out but then again I would still have those huge ugly moles.

Old 03-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #12
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
Just got back form the derm (read my accutane journal) and she told me i have discolored moles on my back that have to be removed once im off accutane.

Old 03-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #13
Veteran

Testament HB User
"I didn't realize there's a threshold for how much acne you have to have in order to say you feel sad. Who instituted that policy--God? I'm new to this board so I might not be as positioned as some of the senior posters to say this but if you don't like a thread, don't respond."

I agree completely with this statement. If someone wants to post something like this, then more power to you. I have bod yacne and I hate it. I know people have it worse... doesnt mean we cant say anythign about the little things. A 5 year old kid in Africa with aids and no parents... I rather be over here in canada with a face full of cysts than over there with no food or water. I think I strayed from my point a bit... ah whatever

Closed Thread