It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2003, 07:45 AM   #1

Different Approach HB User
Exclamation Detoxification-An answer for some

Good morning fellow acne sufferers. Eventhough this is one of my first posts ever, i've lingered about for over one year. I'm 17 years old, had acne for 3 years. It's been pretty bad, however over time i've learned to control it to some degree. My skin is about 85% clear, with the occasional pimple appearing.

Regardless, Detoxification....honestly have any of you tried it, not only through herbs but through detox pills and others of the sort. I'm pretty convinced that detoxification should rid alot of people of their acne completely and for others reduce it at least. I urge you to try this method of treatment. As with every disease in the world there is certainly a cure! Enojy, and Good Luck!

Old 03-08-2003, 09:31 AM   #2

Tummy HB User
I think its a dumb idea. Acne is caused by bacteria, oil, and hormones. I tried herbal treatments that "detoxify" biggest waste of time and money.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2003, 09:48 AM   #3

You're right Tummy Acne is caused by the several u mentioned, however, the extra oil that comes about your face is caused by the buildup or toxins in your bloodstream. Our livers are constantly flooded with toxic content, especially in this day and age when most foods have a shelf life of 1 year +. Even vegetables and fruit are injected with hormones so they look pretty and dont rot, but what are they doing to our bodies. Your liver filters your body, if u dont take care of it and pollute it further with alcohol, bad foods and so on, you'll only find yourself in the same situation as before.

And how about all this topical garbage that u are most certainly using. Routine "pimple appears, put on the cream, it heals or maybe not after a while, and then pimple appears again, what are u doing? NOTHING! same thing over and over again. Through detoxification u can flush out those excessive toxins and see results.
Good day

Old 03-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #4

Melissa1 HB User
Different Approach--What method of detoxification did you use? Sounds interesting.

Old 03-08-2003, 01:50 PM   #5
Veteran

Testament HB User
I agree with the original poster quite a bit. Internally, lately, I have been drinking Aloe Vera Juice, 2L + of water and taking garlic supplements and so far so good. My chest is looking better, my face is looking better. My back is taking a bit more time but I believe 100% these three things are making the difference in addition to my topical treatments (Aloe Vera Gel, tee Tree Oil)

I hope in a few weeks i can post a success story.

Good luck to all!

Old 03-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #6

Tummy HB User
Talk to your dermatologists especially ones in the family (if you have them) that speak on experience and not money and they'll tell you that these methods do not work for acne and that a lot of companies make thousands of dollars convincing people that herbal treatments are the best way of life. Everyone has a mind of their own and can do whatever they please, but should really do research and easily see most herbal stuff is garbage talk and is more placebic than anythign else.

Old 03-08-2003, 02:59 PM   #7

Tummy, with all regards....

Maybe just because detoxing did not work for you, does not mean in any way that it will not work for others, just look, Testament says that he is seeing results, are u saying that its a lie and that government endorsed ads have scammed him into believing that these herbs are working? Obviously there is visual evidence. You on the other hand may be mentioning the many companies that do no actually include the ingredients which are stated on the package, in turn BAD RESULTS. Your views are very pesemistic, there is surely a cure for you as well...this was an idea of mine which i saw had not been mentioned and i decided to post it, is this site after all not about sharing info?

Old 03-08-2003, 03:16 PM   #8
Veteran

Testament HB User
Well, so far Tee Tree Oil is the only thing that I have noticed that has effectively 'treated' my acne. I have been on approximately 4-5 oral drugs, 10-12 OTC cremes, 10 home remedies, 10 different body washes, 6-10 different cleansers, and so far Tee Tree Oil is the only thing I have noticed to give improvement and it was over a short amount of time. tee Tree oil is proven to work as effect as benzol peroxide without the side effects. Do what you want. Im happy with my results.

Old 03-08-2003, 10:14 PM   #9

Auream HB User
Yes, detoxifying works quite well. Another method that I found works AMAZINGLY well is waking up at 4 AM every morning and hopping on one foot for 1 hour. The next hour is spent in a headstand reciting the dictionary backwards (I usually get through the Qs at least). I then take a quick nap and wake back up at aroudn 8 AM, and go about my business. However... I must make absolutely certain that I never, EVER (and this is really the most important part) make a left hand turn when driving throughout the day. A single left turnand all the mornings rituals are for naught.

This has worked miracles for me, you got to try it!

Old 03-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #10

Pink Floyd HB User
I do believe detoxification works.

BUT (a big but here)

You have to couple it with a better, cleaner diet! And it is not a one time thing, it's a lifestyle! I don't think it's fair to mock the person who posted this. You don't know what you're talking about.

It's not just some organic-dogma. I went to a DOCTOR who said we are all just better off farming and raising our own livestock-- everything is just pumped with hormones, chemicals, preservatives. It manifests in our skin. It could be a long term allergy to a preservative you don't know of.

Before you come up with a whole post of sarcasm, educate yourself, you dumb f*ck. Don't let yourself be brainwashed by the mainstream pharmaceutical industry. Start inside your body.

Old 03-09-2003, 10:59 AM   #11

Thank you Pink Floyd for the insigth, as for the sarcastic poster...it would have been better not to say anything, there is a sense of great bitterness in your words, perhaps you were expecting a miracle cure when u came here? perhaps not. Have u tried this approach of treatment? probably not. To the rest of you posters and such, try a search of cleansing recipes or detoxification recipes, tell me what u think. Have a nice day

Closed Thread