It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2003, 09:47 AM   #1

sleeptweedledee HB User
Question Does anyone else have itchy,painful cysts and what can be used to calm it?

I have cystic acne and have had it for several years, my skin is very oily. I have used every thing available including accutane which worked up to a year. The problem is when I get a cyst it becomes imflammed, red and very itchy and painful for a few months and they take longer to treat because they itch, which I know causes the acne to become worse but I cant stop scratching (eewwww gross right?) Does anyone know what I can try I am up for any suggestions but can afford anything expensive.
Thank You

Old 11-18-2003, 11:59 AM   #2

ucf06 HB User
I've had those itchy and painful cysts on my back. You can't get rid of them. They come and go, but I find using Dial Antibacterial Body Wash helps. If you have them on the face, I would recommend that you wash your face with cold water. It might help relieve the itch. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
I started doing the Acne Cure program and it gradually and eventually eliminated my cysts. The book says most people will be acne free in 6 weeks, and this wasn't entirely true, but I stayed patient and kept at it b/c cysts are nasty persistent buggers.

In about 4 weeks I stopped getting new cysts. During that time the existing ones were slowly shrinking and getting less irritating. I think in about 10 weeks I was cyst free, and I haven't had any new ones in months. It was amazing. I also took ibuprofen during the day to help with the pain and swelling.

I hope you find something that works for you- cysts are the WORST!! No matter what happens to my skin now, I always feel better about it now that it doesn't have cysts.

hth, good luck.

Old 11-18-2003, 01:18 PM   #4

thomasjefferson HB User
for me taking zinc (30 mg+) a day eliminated cysts all together. Now I dont know if this will work for everyone, but it is worth a shot.

Get some good zinc, as you want something well absorbed. Optizinc and l-Optizinc worked great for me.

Old 11-18-2003, 01:45 PM   #5

sleeptweedledee HB User
Thank you all I will try these, I can relate when you say cold water will help just never thought about it I am sure it could help with the inflammation too. Also thanks Thomasjefferson for the info never thought of Zinc I will have to give it a try. I know that the doctor has always told me my cystic acne comes from a bacteria in my body that attacks my skin, he said thats what cystic acne is. Seems like an antibiotic would cure that but thats a joke.
Thanks

Closed Thread