It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2003, 06:08 PM   #1

buddyguy HB User
Post B5

Ok, who has tried it? Has it worked? How much did u take? what kind? I know alot of people would like to hear about this. I am on minocycline and tazorac for 3 months and have gotten better but still breakout. Im thinking about adding b5 to my routine before i go to accutane. with tazorac, minocycline, and b5 im targeting 3 major causes of acne; oil, shedding of skin follicles, and bacteria.

Old 03-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
Veteran

Testament HB User
If you use 3 things you'll never know what worked/didnt work. Id finish one before starting the other.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #3

buddyguy HB User
Yea thats a really good point. But since i have been on tazorac and minocycline for 3 months now i know they work very well. I am clearer but not quite where i want to be. Adding b5 could maybe just get me all the way there, and from what i have researched so far it shouldnt have any reactions with tazorac and minocycline.

Old 03-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #4

Jola HB User
After batteling adult acne (starting at the age of 24) I tried everything; cleansers, prescription topicals, proactive (which helped for about a year before it stoped working any more), pills (herbal), baths, masks etc. Well after finding this web site, I mixed my own little "cocktail" together and this is what worked for me: Starting out with 2g of b5 (I used 1000mg timereleased) for a week, then I uped the dose to 3g for a week, I continued to up the dose every week until I saw good results. I saw results after about two weeks, but better results after the next and was happy and clear by the time I reached 10g. Now, I know thats a lot of pills, but I was clear! Then after a week with 10g/day I started to lower the dose, 1g/day. If I was still clear after a week with the new dose, I would take 1g off again. I continued with that until I was at 2g/day which seemed to be the magic number for me (this may be different for you). A long side of the b5, I (since I'm a woman) took chaste tree berry (Vitex), this is an herb to help regulate the female hormones in your body by getting rid of excess estrogen, which apparently is the trouble maker when it comes to female-hormonal-acne. These I took one to two of per day depending on what it said on the bottle (I couldn't always get the same brand). Also I stoped washing my face twice or more a day, instead I washed my face once a day, at night before I went to bed with Dove unscented bar soap for sensitive skin in luke warm water and finished off with an oilfree lotion (Ponds daily moisturizer) and eye cream (oil of olay eye gel), but I guess any oil free and even better fragrance free moisturizer will do, especially if your skin is sensitive at the same time, like mine is. Now in the mornings when I shower, I don't wash my face, but if ti gets wet, thats ok, and I just apply a bit of lotion again (so my skin doesn't think I'm going dry and needs to produce more oil).
This has been my recipe to success, I have been completely clear (maybe the odd tiny little blemish once a month or so) for over a year now! Yeah, major confident booster!
I have in the last three week, though, gone into the unchartered teritory again; my husband and I are going to try to start a family :-) and taking Vitex while trying to or being pregnant is not recommended, also eventhough b5 has not side effects, and whatever your body doesn't use gets flushed out in the urine, I'm thinking I better be "clean" going into this, even if it means not being clean... ;-) So, now I'm trying other natural ways, I'll keep you informed of the process.
Ok, enough of my rambling, I hope you had your questions answered. B5 worked wonders for me along with gentle washing approach, I highly recommend it!
Oh, and for the record, I had moderately acne on my face and some on my back and chest.
Good luck.

Closed Thread