It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 03:03 AM   #1
Inactive

Kwok Wui Tang HB User
Post Side effects of using aloe vera gel

I used aloe vera gel from fruit of the earth for 18 days. Instead of improvement I noticed that acne spots became more severe. Even without applying any medication the inflammation should have subsided. However the aloe vera gel increased the inflammation. So I have no choice but to stop it and used another brand called lily of the desert. I find this one easier to apply and I feel the skin is smoother. I will continue using it.

Old 03-10-2003, 03:39 AM   #2
(male)

Ric HB User
sorry to hear that mate. i wouldn't have thought that aloe vera can make things worse but i guess everyones skins different. are you using a cleanser? i found if i cleansed my skin with whatever product and then applied the aloe vera gel it made my skin worse. i found that all these skin cleansers contain skin irritants and a majority of acne sufferers have sensitive skin so it flares up. what's worked for me is washing my face with warm water with some lemon juice in it. Then put some lemon juice in your hand and splash on face, let it dry for two minutes then apply aloe vera gel. it stops your skin from drying when you put aloe vera on and it feels like water, this had really cleared my skin up. when i searched on site about lemon juice it has antiseptic properties, it also has vitmain c and acts as a natural exfoliant.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

Dawn1162 HB User
Re: Side effects of using aloe vera gel

My daughter just started drinking 2 oz of aloe vera juice every day to help with some acne. Have you heard any feedback on this treatment.
Dawn1162

Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
(female)

Dawn1162 HB User

My daughter just started drinking aloe vera juice (2 oz daily) Have you heard any feedback on this type of treatment. Will her acne get worse before better.
Thank You,
Dawn1162

Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
(female)

Dawn1162 HB User

My daughter is not using the aloe vera gel; she is drinking 2 oz of the juice. We just started on 2/9/08 so it's only been 4 days. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried the juice and gotten results. It is suppose to be a great detoxifier.
Thanks,
Dawn1162

Old 02-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
(female)

countrygirl85 HB User

I also drink aloe vera juice. I have been drinking it for the last 6 months but I have not been consistent with it. I try to take it before meals because it helps with digestion of food and detoxify the body which may help acne. I noticed results immediently with regulation of bowel movements and some improvement with acne. I also use aloe vera gel on my skin, which makes my pores really small.

I have been doing a lot of experimentation with natural cures for my acne since other products don't seem to have too much effect for long. I have also done yeast and parasite cleanses with results.

I think I may start a new post where I document my use of aloe vera juice and gel and see if anyone would like to follow along with me. I think it may help me be consistent with my use.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:50 AM   #7
(female)

Dawn1162 HB User

Thank you for that infor. I heard the aloe vera gel topically can be helpful with acne. However, my daughter is using 2 medications topically from the dermatologist; I am not sure if using synthetic and natural treatments together is okay. Someone told me yes it's okay and someone else said no. So I don't know. I hope she gets results using the juice. We are very consistent - 1 oz first thing in morning and 1 oz before bed. I have heard also it may get worse before better. What are your thoughts on that? Thank you for replying.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

3080 HB User

Everyones always looking for "quick fixes" when it comes to acne. Now, I'll admit that some people have severe acne, but if you are someone who gets an occasional pimple here and there, than you can easily control that.

It's all about our health.

If you drink plenty of water, eat the right food, get the right amount of sleep, wash your face at least twice a day (once before bed), wear sun screen (don't tan), and take care of yourself, than you should be able to control your acne.

The occassional pimple or two from an imbalance in hormones is also normal. So don't go flipping out if you get a pimple when you're on your period.

Same for guys. If you are going through some hormonal changes, than your body will produce a few pimples here and there. Some may be worse than others. But that's just the luck of the draw.

And for all those people who pick at their face.

You're only giving yourself scars!!!!

So don't start complaining when you start to see scars, because it wasn't from the acne. It was from you! Just be being honest here.

Just thought I'd share that

Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
(female)

Dawn1162 HB User

First, of all I am not looking for a quick fix. I realize it takes time to control your acne. I am not talking about a pimple before my daughter's period. It's a little more than that. I make sure she does all the things you pointed out. I am constantly checking to make sure she eats properly, drinks water and get adequate sleep. She is still having a problem with some acne. It's not severe, but enough that we went in to see a derm. I know that part of the problem is genetics - and I had severe acne. I just want to stop it before it gets to the severe stage. So again I AM NOT looking for a quick fix just a little extra help - there is nothing quick about getting acne to clear upl.
Dawn1162

Closed Thread