It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2003, 11:47 PM   #1

pbear8 HB User
Question Is micro dermabrasion effective for red scars?

I'm thinking of getting Micro dermabrasion, but don't want to waste money.

I did go to the doctor today and he told me that it will help with my red scars from old cysts. But I sort of had the feeling he was just happy to be 'selling' the service.

Has this helped anyone in the past?? How effective is it?

Also, I have freckles, how will it effect them?

Thanks so much!
Stephanie

Old 03-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #2

goodmuckle HB User
I purchased a number of microdermabrasion sessions and it did little or nothing for my scars. After the redness from the session left, my skin did have a healthier look to it, but that goes away after a few days with everything looking as it once did. For me personally, I wish I hadn't spent my money on this, but others may have had a better experience.
I too had cystic acne (now under control with antibiotics). The 2 products that have helped with red scars (and a little with brown ones) are the CP and C5 Serums that everyone talks about on this board. $50 for a bottle of both and the benefits far outweigh the $900 I dropped for dermabrasion.
Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #3

j3ssie HB User
Thumbs down

hi there...

i have just had a series of 6 microdermabrasions done to get rid of my acne scarring. I did them one week apart as advised by my beauty therapist.. but now, six weeks later i dont see any improvement... well maybe only 10% improvement. I definitely regret getting it done for the money i paid.

My therapist has now put me on a course of 3 BHA/AHA peels. I had my first peel the other night and this morning my face is really red, dry and peeling. Apparently these peels remove surface layers off your skin and are supposedly more effective for scarring and acne.

hope that helps...

Old 03-07-2003, 01:43 PM   #4

pbear8 HB User
Wow, that is really disappointing. I hope others have better news. Sorry to hear that you wasted your money.....

Thanks for your feedback

Old 03-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #5

pbear8 HB User
Bump...

Old 03-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #6

Julie Lyn HB User
I have a different opinion on micrdermabrasion. I like it! It has helped with my scarring only a little bit, but the reason I get microderm is because it exfolitates and gets rid of the dead skin. It also cleans out the pores, which prevents breakouts. I get it done about once every two months just to keep my skin looking healthy.

Closed Thread