It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2003, 05:54 PM   #1

trev511 HB User
proof of the BIGGEST SCAM!!!

ok everybody i just found the hugest scam in the world!! First off, i had taken accutane March 03-July03, which worked. this isn't about accutane though so keep reading. Well any way, i received many pamphlets from roche, accutane's pharmaceutical company. And they have pic's of people who cleared their acne.

Well one pic of a certain guy from the Accutane Pamphlet was on this rip off site, can't say what site but it had to do with herbal health stuff...hint hint. Well at that rip off site the guys pic was on the main page saying this stuff called "Refresh Acne Control" cleared his acne 100%. all you have to do, well anybody that's take accutane is look on pamphlet and see the same guy. I'm very ****** that a company would do this to people and bluntly lie to our faces. Actually i even believe what they are doing is against the law!! False advertisement.

Please respond and tell me what you guys think of this crap!!

Old 11-27-2003, 08:28 PM   #2

Dreamer99 HB User
Re: proof of the BIGGEST SCAM!!!

dude, they are commiting a crime there. you should contact roche and tell them, then roche can sue and take those ******* down

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
(female)

marykatherine HB User

Hey:
I would go back into your history and find that website and get the info on the scam artists. Report them. For all we know Roche could be in on it too. Maybe Roche hired him first as proof it worked then he went to the rip off site and made more money. Who knows but I would bring their butts down!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev511
ok everybody i just found the hugest scam in the world!! First off, i had taken accutane March 03-July03, which worked. this isn't about accutane though so keep reading. Well any way, i received many pamphlets from roche, accutane's pharmaceutical company. And they have pic's of people who cleared their acne.

Well one pic of a certain guy from the Accutane Pamphlet was on this rip off site, can't say what site but it had to do with herbal health stuff...hint hint. Well at that rip off site the guys pic was on the main page saying this stuff called "Refresh Acne Control" cleared his acne 100%. all you have to do, well anybody that's take accutane is look on pamphlet and see the same guy. I'm very ****** that a company would do this to people and bluntly lie to our faces. Actually i even believe what they are doing is against the law!! False advertisement.

Please respond and tell me what you guys think of this crap!!

Old 11-27-2003, 10:43 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User

I saw that exact same thing, except it was so dumb and easy to find, it was a fat burner and a guy's before and after, well same guy for 2 different companies. . .

Old 11-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Speaking of truth plese check out hairlossdotcom regarding Accutane. Some people had their hair fall out on accutane and were not told of this side effect by their doctor beforehand. And no their hair did not grow back as thick as before.

Old 11-28-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

LOL, you guys it's called advertising. Ive seen the same models in a variety of different venues. I believe in proactivs models, but everyone else, come on you KNOW they probably never had acne. Take a look at all the commercials and movie stars, models, and entertainers, they are advertising things like neutrogena and clearasil when they have flawless skin. Of course, even if they did get a pimple or two, they'd just run off to one ot the expensive spas, or maybe not, and get it taken care of. Then again, OTC acne meds would probably work for those that only had a few zits...

Old 11-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Proactive is also a scam. Just get some Cetaphil soap to wash yor face with. Stephanie Seymore and Vanessa Williams did not have cystic acne. Give me a break. Actress call a regular pimple a cyst because the camera magnifies everything. All acne advertising is a scam playin off emotion not facts.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:08 PM   #8

Link2 HB User

No kidding? Why can't you post the site on the message board?

Old 11-29-2003, 06:25 AM   #9

scaramanga HB User

"ok everybody i just found the hugest scam in the world!!"

Mmm, I don't think so!

I certainly don't condone the dodgy tactics that businesses use in order to make exaggerated or even false claims about their products, but come on - it's not exactly a 'hold the front page' revelation. Everyone knows it goes on - ever heard of the phrase 'caveat emptor'?

'hugest scam in the world' - purleeeze!!

Old 11-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #10

trev511 HB User

yea maybe i did take it too far. Definately not the HUGEST scam, hehe!
basically i just wanted to let people know that it wasn't the "Refresh Acne Control" that cleared that guy of his acne.

but it just makes me mad that so many companies do that to people, and its very misleading!!

Old 11-29-2003, 06:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

i dont think pro-avtiv is a scam but look what they are charging for this stuff.refined benzoyl peroxide and some mosterizer stuff and an exfollator.i bet it cost them 2 dollars to make this stuff if even that much.i dont doubt it works for many but its pretty high priced.they pay a lot out to miss spears,venessa ect to promote their product.if u have the money and want to pay for it go for it.i guess everything else is a rip-off anyways today.somebodys getting rich on all this crap out.i paid over 10,000 dollars on scar reduction procedures over the last 2 years and no i dont get my money back if they dont work.

Closed Thread