It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #1

Acne Fighter HB User
Retinol VS Vitamin E oil, Olive & Sunflower oils, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, Vitamin C

I need your opinion. Which is better to treat the collagen damage like rolling/ depressed scar?

Retinol product

OR

Product that includes Vitamin E oil, Olive & Sunflower oils, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, Vitamin C?

Old 11-30-2003, 10:30 AM   #2

colleenredmond HB User
Re: Retinol VS Vitamin E oil, Olive & Sunflower oils, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, Vitamin C

retin a is the only proven topical treatment that will actually increase collagen improvement, alpha lipoic acid will degrade the enzyme that attack collagen and is ok, but the sure bet is retin a not retinol for retinol is not going to be effective. Don not get your hopes up for a deep depression in your skin can usually only be eliminated by surgery like laser, injections, skin grafting etc. Try it and don't expect it to go away like BAM it takes over a year for a scarring process to actually run it's course. When I learned this I was bummed cause I am not looking forward to plastic surgery when my acne eventually clears up to the point reconstructive assult is worth while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 11:22 AM   #3
(male)

newman999 HB User
Re: Retinol VS Vitamin E oil, Olive & Sunflower oils, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, Vitamin C

i use a product with retinol in it r u saying it doesnt help i have to get retin-a??

Old 12-29-2003, 08:09 AM   #4

colleenredmond HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newman999
i use a product with retinol in it r u saying it doesnt help i have to get retin-a??
I am just saying that retinol will not do what you want it to do according to my doctors. What I gave you is a protocol that was given to me for acne scarring and dicoloration for me. I have a long ways to go to just worry about my scarring.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:15 AM   #5

colleenredmond HB User

With what I have learned that scarring is just a bummer to get rid of and depressed or ice pick scarring needs chemical peels, laser, or dermabrasion. But it is always a good idea to try retin-a first to see how that resurfaces your skin. However warning is to be heeded. If you have any clogged pores YOU WILL BREAK OUT with retin a. But if you acne seems to be fine your break out intially should not be too bad and should go away in no longer than 8 weeks. For acne scar revision, I MEAN THE SERIOUS stuff, it is advised that your last acne flare, I MEAN REAL ACNE FLARE, should be a year past you. With laser etc you will do damage to your skin and having acne allready there will just be too much assault on you. Trying a glycolic acid product daily helps a bit too and helps to keep acne away. Peter Thomas Roth makes a good 10% glycolic acid serum with no clogging ingredients and you can try that before the retin a. I can not tolerate glycolic acid myself which really Pi$$es me off cause it helped so much.

Closed Thread