It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 09:46 AM   #1
(male)

newman999 HB User
diet and acne

had to create a new topic because on the other one some girl skipped my question with some huge paragraph and i know it wont get answered or even read so im pasting here..

for along time i thought i couldnt eat chochalate and greasy foods... 2 years went by and i was like whatever ill eat what i want i got acne anyways after the week episode of not caring about acne my acne was clear... maybe everyones different so dont get mad if it dont work for you but ill tell you one thing i do know... stress about acne causes acne.

but now i have scars there not that bad i went to the dermatologist and she wouldnt give me nothing or do nothing to them she said just shave daily and keep doing what your doing (because my skin is clear of acne) and they will eventually fade away (supposively shaving takes off layers of skin) which pretty much ****** me off because i want them gone now but i dont know she wouldnt do anything and for her to look at me was free.. dont you think she should of told me to do something so she could of charged me for something?

i was also wondeing something if some one here could help me out
she told me if i get ne pimples not to pop them and i wont get any new scars
is this true? (ive always popped them) but i wont if i cant get scars.. let me know...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Inactive

sunfell HB User
Re: diet and acne

Hi Newman,

I'm fortunate to not have any scars, and for the most part I never popped them, or I had them cleaned professionally. There is a way to "pop" them such that you don't get any scars, but there are people who are trained to do this, and if you read up on it you can figure out how to do it properly yourself, or you can go to them but that can be expensive. There are other ways to diminish the appearance of scars, like certain creams, glycolic peels, enzyme peels, and "intense pulsed light". Your dermatologist should have went over these with you. I can't stress enough, though. While you may not agree that diet has a role in acne, it certainly has a role in your skin's ability to heal from this. I believe this is why I have no scars from cystic acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

sunfell acne is caused by the most part by androgens making your sebasous glands become over active and produce too much sebum.u might very well be right that androgens might be effected by the diet we have.i do see in a lot of remote places in the world some people have no acne.i get an f for my diet over the last 5 months but my skin is being controled by this spiro/prem combination.maybe some girls have low estrogen levels at times and cant balance out the amount of androgens they are producing.we all should have a good diet and drinking water makes me look healther.i was in high school and ate a pretty balanced diet and never drank anything but water...thats all we could afford and my skin was horrible.like im a guy and cant cook so a good diet is usually hard to stick with.most americans dont eat right period.i think they should give your diet a try though.i might even give it a try.but im not going off this spiro/prem thing.but eating good is always a good thing too do.junk like chocolate,french fries ect isnt good for anyone period.accutane has helped out many but who knows for sure what it does to your body?premerin is also loaded with possible side effects galore.our bodies are really complex and we have learned a lot in the last 100 years but we have a long way to go before everything is known.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Just do it.

Old 11-30-2003, 07:02 AM   #5
(male)

newman999 HB User

thanks alot sunfell i guess i wont pop them... but ill look up how to do it right too incase of an emergency LOL

Old 11-30-2003, 11:47 AM   #6
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Yes it involves applying a warm cloth to losen it up, then using q-tips or your fingers to gently squeeze it out;a skill that takes practice, Newmann.

Old 11-30-2003, 05:02 PM   #7

blondiebiker HB User

awww. newmann if you go two pages past your post on other thread you will see....I did answer you, just gave ya your own paragraph....

Old 12-01-2003, 04:58 AM   #8
(male)

newman999 HB User

oh i found it blondiebiker you said they will fade depending on how much water i drink and sun exposure... what about sun? is it good or bad for them?

Old 12-01-2003, 05:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

No dematologist has a suntan. Sun exposure damages the skin.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:31 AM   #10

blondiebiker HB User

lol- open-

if sun damaged longer to heal....so you would avoid sun until healed.

everyone needs a little sun (vitamin d), but excess amounts, no.

keeping skin moist also helps alot..but you will want a fragrance free moisturizer

neutrogena has a new antiacne/antiwrinkle cream that is great. Has retinol in it as well, but I have found to really help skin rebalance and stay non-greasy, and don't want to pick.

Closed Thread