It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #1

Dom HB User
help please..post accutane ?? what i do?

i finished my accutane course 1 month ago. turned out great! 100% clear....but now i get a pimple every now and then. what should i do? i need to do something! any recomendations here? thx in advance

Old 11-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
Re: help please..post accutane ?? what i do?

i am currently on accutane and I am almost done with my course. However, i have been nearly 100% clear for the past few months, but I still got the 'ocassional pimple'. I think that if we get the 'occasional pimple', that means that we haven't fully eliminated 'the cause'. What you should do is find 'the cause', cause is something that you are doing => eating, washing, etc.etc. that is still causing that occasional pimple to come. I adapted the Perricone diet as a backup for accutane. Ever since i stopped eating food like bananas and carrots, that occasional pimple stopped coming. I do believe accutane 'stops' the pimples, but for some people, it does not eliminate the roots of the cause. It is up to you find out what you are doing wrong. Accutane is a miracle drug for some people, but for others, acne reoccurs. So i would suggest having a 'back up' plan to your accutane. you need to find the cause of YOUR acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2003, 04:19 PM   #3

SuperNintendo20 HB User

did u guys get any side effects from taking the accutane? ( i turned it down from my derm cause i was scared of some the stuff that can happen)

Old 11-30-2003, 05:01 PM   #4

MCHizzammer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendo20
did u guys get any side effects from taking the accutane? ( i turned it down from my derm cause i was scared of some the stuff that can happen)

i also turned down the derm because i was afraid of the side effects...so what are they and how often do they occur to you guys on here?

Old 11-30-2003, 05:09 PM   #5

burtonbabe HB User

I'd say just chill and use a gentle soap and dont freak if you get a few pimples,everyone gets them sometimes so dont stress too much or youll break out all over again.

Good luck

Peace
now I see if I wear a mask I can fool the world
but I cannot fool my heart
who is that girl I see,starting straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who Iam inside..

Old 11-30-2003, 08:05 PM   #6

Dom HB User

i had dry lips and an occasional joint ache...no biggies....its a great dru gif u monitor it closely..im very happy with it.

Old 11-30-2003, 08:50 PM   #7

cured for now HB User

You know what? The same thing happened to me...I'd still get an occasional little pimple but then I started using St. Ives Apricot Scrub every other day and that cleared me 100%. I might get a few really small ones every week now, that's it. The cleanser I used was Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - for some reason I don't think my skin reacts good to Salysic Acid products.

Closed Thread