It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #1

Dom HB User
should saint ives apricot scrub be used every day?

just bought it. i also have a nivea foaming cleanser. should i use the apricot scrub every day?

Old 11-30-2003, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Re: should saint ives apricot scrub be used every day?

Well, I was told not to as it would be to abrasive. But, I use it at least once a day. When I use it at night though, I don't scrub in on my skin. I just spread it on and let it set for about 20 seconds. Then I rinse it off. Seems to be working great for me as I have not had a terrible break out in about 2 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 04:52 AM   #3

shay501 HB User

i've read through several sources that advise against harshly scrubbing the face if acne is present. i know that it's important to slew off excess skin so once in a while (frequency depending on skin's condition) should definitely be good and other than that maybe a gentle scrubbing with a washcloth every day should be okay.. and from personal experience i've noticed that although my skin would feel "smoother" after a scrubbing it would also look more irritated.... so be careful in how you use it

Old 12-03-2003, 07:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Do not use scrubs or washcloths on acne. The oil glands are not clogged from surface skin. They are clogged beneath the surface. Scrubbing will make your acne worse. Use only a mild foaming soap. The sloughing off skin irritates your skin and causes more skin irritation. Acne is not caused by dirt on the skin. Its caused by blocked oil in the skin.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:29 PM   #5

TranscendingAbyss HB User

agreed, scrubbing hard on areas that are already irritated will only irritate them more.

however... on clear areas or areas with just enlarged pores.. it's fine to use the scrub once a day every day.. just don't use it on areas that are irritated and again, don't scrub very very hard.

Old 12-04-2003, 09:27 AM   #6

Kw0nBoA1984 HB User

Read from some magazines that promote st.Ives apricot scrub. It's not advise to scrub daily once a week is enough, also scrub very gently on the skin not hard or harsh as if we scrub harshly it might irritate our skin. Gently scrubbing is enough and it can scrub off the dead skin that clog e pores ~

Old 12-04-2003, 01:49 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

ive used this product and it helps greatly to just put some on a warm wet cloth and just scrub very gently with it, by using this i hadnt broke out in months..at least 3 or 4, but now ive broke out after i stopped using it..so it kinda sucks.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
(female)

unhearted27 HB User

it would probably be in your best interest not to use it everyday because it can irritate your skin or make it more oily. all in all, it could do more harm than good. use it to exfoliate your skin and keep it healthy once a week. maybe 2 to 3 days a week, but all the beauty sites have recomended once a week...and it's a wise decision. but this stuff does really work! i have it now lol hope this helped! oh, and remember to always wear sunscreen!

Closed Thread