It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2003, 11:36 PM   #1
(female)

el_9_el HB User
smoothbeam - i'm scared!

My regular dermatologist referred me to a cosmetic dermatologist because he considered it time to start treating my scars.
So today, I had my first appointment.
This doctor gave me such a quick run-down on my different option and I felt myself pretty much being told that I would get smoothbeam done. I've agreed and am having my first treatment Friday week.
I have no idea whether i'm being ripped off or getting a good deal - I'm paying $350 for the first treatment and $255 for the next two (australian dollars). Does that sound fair?
I really know nothing about this treatment. He's warned me that things can go wrong with the lazer and you can end up with a severely burned or frozen face, though this is apparently unlikely.
How long will I look red for? Will I be able to wear make-up the next day or soon after? Am I likely to see any results (I've been told that my next option would be skin rolling - again something I know nothing about!)?

Old 12-01-2003, 03:00 PM   #2

Crayze HB User
Re: smoothbeam - i'm scared!

I'm not sure about the cost or anything, but about the redness... I just had a treatment with the Aramis laser (My derm said its brand new and I was one of the first in the state to use it.) But my face was only a little red, it looked as though i was just out in the cold, and it only lasted for an hour or so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #3
(male)

horsies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_9_el
My regular dermatologist referred me to a cosmetic dermatologist because he considered it time to start treating my scars.
This doctor gave me such a quick run-down on my different option and I felt myself pretty much being told that I would get smoothbeam done. I've agreed and am having my first treatment Friday week.
I have no idea whether i'm being ripped off or getting a good deal - I'm paying $350 for the first treatment and $255 for the next two (australian dollars). Does that sound fair?
I really know nothing about this treatment. He's warned me that things can go wrong with the lazer and you can end up with a severely burned or frozen face, though this is apparently unlikely.
How long will I look red for? Will I be able to wear make-up the next day or soon after? Am I likely to see any results (I've been told that my next option would be skin rolling - again something I know nothing about!)?
\
I dont know the diferance between austrailian dollars or U.S. dollars but cost can be anywhere from 230.00 upwards of 600.00 dollors here. I had my second treatment about a week ago and i have gotten pretty good results so far- Im really treating just my current acne and not my scars but the smmoothbeam treats both at the same time but as far as the scars go most have vanished but i had really small scars hardly noticable to start with. but as for the acne i had i would say im about 95 percent clear. As with my first treatment my acne pretty much dissapeared within the first day but a few spots have come back but im still pretty happy with the results as of now.My third treatment is in about 5 weeks.
I will warn u however that this laser is pretty unforgiving- I didnt use any numbing cream and it will ( Or did ) make my eyes water some. It is tolarable.
I had some redness right after the treatment but mine also went away within an hour or two.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:47 PM   #4
(male)

horsies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsies
\
I dont know the diferance between austrailian dollars or U.S. dollars but cost can be anywhere from 230.00 upwards of 600.00 dollors here. I had my second treatment about a week ago and i have gotten pretty good results so far- Im really treating just my current acne and not my scars but the smmoothbeam treats both at the same time but as far as the scars go most have vanished but i had really small scars hardly noticable to start with. but as for the acne i had i would say im about 95 percent clear. As with my first treatment my acne pretty much dissapeared within the first day but a few spots have come back but im still pretty happy with the results as of now.My third treatment is in about 5 weeks.
I will warn u however that this laser is pretty unforgiving- I didnt use any numbing cream and it will ( Or did ) make my eyes water some. It is tolarable.
I had some redness right after the treatment but mine also went away within an hour or two.
also check out the post called smoothbeam results-

Old 12-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #5

Shipley HB User

Quote:
My son has acne and has tried all meds except acutane, which we are not interested in. I read about smoothbeam. Do you feel that is really worked and is safe? I also cannot find a Dr in the western NC. area that performs this. ANY info would be appreciated.

Old 12-02-2003, 08:25 AM   #6

Shipley HB User

Quote:
Do you feel that smoothbeam was effective? Would you reccomend it for someone with bad acne.

Old 12-02-2003, 08:26 AM   #7

Shipley HB User

Any info on smoothbeam would be appreciated.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:07 PM   #8
(female)

el_9_el HB User

I don't have my first treatment until December 12th. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 12-03-2003, 02:02 AM   #9
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

Hi El,

Where are you getting Smoothbeam in Australia. I am from Sydney, and I didn't know there was anyone who did Smoothbeam in Australia. That's GREAT news!!!

AA

Old 12-03-2003, 10:25 PM   #10
(female)

el_9_el HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccutaneAvenger
Hi El,

Where are you getting Smoothbeam in Australia. I am from Sydney, and I didn't know there was anyone who did Smoothbeam in Australia. That's GREAT news!!!

AA

I'm in Melbourne and am getting smoothbeam done by Dr. Goodwin - a cosmetic dermatologist in Toorak. I'm not sure whether there are any doctors who do it in Sydney. If I get an opportunity to ask next friday, I will.

Closed Thread