It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2003, 03:00 AM   #1

Hel's HB User
Question Diane 35/Dianette

Hi I have just started using Diane 35, just wondered if you people out there who are using it or have used it can give me a bit of info about it. I have read all the books but am interested in first hand knowledge from you guys.

Cheers
x

Old 12-01-2003, 01:38 PM   #2

rachael10 HB User
Re: Diane 35/Dianette

I've been taking Dianette since July and it's great.

Oil production has reduced a lot and my skin is almost totally clear all month. I find that any blemishes that I do have dry up and heal a lot quicker than before.

All in all, a great pill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
(female)

el_9_el HB User

i had to start diane because i hadn't had a period for over 6 months. I'd already cleared my skin with spiro so was paranoid that Diane would throw my hormones back out of balance and bring back my acne.
But Diane has been good. I've noticed no change in anything (i was also worried about weight gain) except I now get periods which is actually a blessing! I feel female again.

Old 12-01-2003, 05:36 PM   #4
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

Are you taking the Diane with the Spiro?

Also, I have heard of massive weight gain from Diane. Have you experienced this?

Old 12-01-2003, 05:52 PM   #5
(female)

el_9_el HB User

yeah, I'm on spiro and diane at the same time.
I've just finished my third pack of pills and haven't noticed any weight gain yet. Can it still happen? I'm so paranoid!

Old 12-01-2003, 08:07 PM   #6

Hamer HB User

You will only gain weight if you eat more. The hormones in birth control pills can make some women hungrier which makes them eat more. If you eat the same amount of food as you always have you won't gain a single pound.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
(female)

Banana1214 HB User

I don't know about that. I've been on Diane 35 for about 9 months and I've gained about 15 pounds, and my eating habits have not really changed. I've heard the same thing from some of my girlfriends-- one of them got off the pill (not Diane 35) and lost 20 pounds within a month. I really want to get off the pill to lose weight, but I'm afraid my acne will come back. I'm not completely clear now, but I'm a lot better than I was before Diane came along. I think you will gain weight from the hormones in the pill.
#2 due 8/30/07... another boy!

Devlin Michael born May 20, 2005

Old 12-03-2003, 11:19 PM   #8

Hamer HB User

Birth control will not cure your acne. It can help clear up your face while your on it, but your face will you go back to normal if you get off of it.

Birth control will NOT make you gain weight. It is a scientific fact. You can ask your doctor about it. It can however release hormones which tell your brain that you are hungry, and you may begin to eat more without even realizing it.

If you are that worried about gaining weight, count how many calories you eat per day before you get on the pill. If you eat the same number of calories every day after you get on the pill, you will stay the same weight. It is pure science.

Amber

Old 12-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #9
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

Amber,

There is no cure for acne - all people are trying to do is keep it under control with whatever method they can. If birth control works - then let it work and hopefully give us some relief.

As for your saying that it is a scientific fact that you do not gain weight on bcps's, that is completely false. You know it takes A LOT for something to be a scientific fact and there is plenty of evidence that bcp's do cause weight gain - especially water weight. It is a common side effect of most bcps. Women are taking low dose bcps now to avoid the weight gain from higher dose estrogen pills - because estrogen does tend to cause weight gain. That is why Yasmin is so popular now - because people believe that the diuretic will flush out any water weight gain that you may have.

I wouldn't listen to everything your one doctor says. He or she does not quote or create scientific fact.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:15 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl1
Amber,

There is no cure for acne - all people are trying to do is keep it under control with whatever method they can. If birth control works - then let it work and hopefully give us some relief.

As for your saying that it is a scientific fact that you do not gain weight on bcps's, that is completely false. You know it takes A LOT for something to be a scientific fact and there is plenty of evidence that bcp's do cause weight gain - especially water weight. It is a common side effect of most bcps. Women are taking low dose bcps now to avoid the weight gain from higher dose estrogen pills - because estrogen does tend to cause weight gain. That is why Yasmin is so popular now - because people believe that the diuretic will flush out any water weight gain that you may have.

I wouldn't listen to everything your one doctor says. He or she does not quote or create scientific fact.
Sunfells Special diet cure, is a surefire method of killin acne :P

Old 12-04-2003, 01:40 PM   #11

Hamer HB User

I have absolutely no problem with women taking birth control pills for acne, I don't know why you would think I did. I too took them for a year and a half (however I had too many side effects). I now use topicals and a healthy diet to control it.

A woman isnt going to gain 10-20 pounds of water weight. Maybe a couple, but most of it is fat because they are eating more than normal. Drinking enough water and consuming less sodium actually flushes the water out.

Closed Thread