It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2003, 01:28 PM   #1

daddysgurl19 HB User
Question blister looking acne?!

first let me say that i am so tired of thinking i am cleared and then i break out again.

i have been on retin a micro for 2 months. doxycycline for 2 months. benzaclin for 2 months. ortho tri cyclen for 6 months. i was clear the first 6 weeks on the medications i was using and now i am breaking out bad. like where i started out long time ago.

the pimples i am getting come up real quick and they look like they are filled with the liquidy stuff blisters are filled with. yellowish color stuff. but they just drain and drain and drain and their all lumpy like. weird i don't know if it is acne or something else????? i have a derm appointment this thursday so we'll see.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:57 AM   #2

daddysgurl19 HB User
Re: blister looking acne?!

so i am guessing by the no response thing that nobody has ever had acne like this and maybe this isn't acne?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 07:30 AM   #3

BearClaw HB User

I think I may have had similar pimples before. They would go down and almost go away completely and then they would fill up again and just keep coming back. This lasted a very long time and then I started applying alot of moisturizer to the areas and they slowy have gone away.

Old 12-02-2003, 08:13 AM   #4

daddysgurl19 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
I think I may have had similar pimples before. They would go down and almost go away completely and then they would fill up again and just keep coming back. This lasted a very long time and then I started applying alot of moisturizer to the areas and they slowy have gone away.
my skin seems raised and the bump is a paler color of white and if i try to squeeze it this yellowish colored liquid fills it and drains and then make this yellowish colored crusty scab over the top of it. i don't know i guess i will see what this dermatologist has to say.

i don't have insurance so that is what make it really bad. i go and these meds cost about $100 a peice plus the cost of the office visit. i think their going to work and they don't and i have wasted all this money. arggggghhh. had to vent sorry.

Old 12-02-2003, 12:03 PM   #5
(female)

unruhe HB User

I may have had something like this. It only happens maybe twice a year (the blister, not the acne). It's a pinkish to redish bump, usually on my cheeks. If I press on it, it flattens and goes down, but then it pops up again. It's not sore like a pimple. It doesn't have pus in it. In fact, there only seems to be fluid in it. I think it was always clear, though, like water. Then after a few days it will go away like nothing ever happened. I thought maybe these were boils or wheals or something, but I didn't think of a blister. I never seem to have one when I go to the derm...

Let us know what you find out!!!

Old 12-02-2003, 04:28 PM   #6

daddysgurl19 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhue
I may have had something like this. It only happens maybe twice a year (the blister, not the acne). It's a pinkish to redish bump, usually on my cheeks. If I press on it, it flattens and goes down, but then it pops up again. It's not sore like a pimple. It doesn't have pus in it. In fact, there only seems to be fluid in it. I think it was always clear, though, like water. Then after a few days it will go away like nothing ever happened. I thought maybe these were boils or wheals or something, but I didn't think of a blister. I never seem to have one when I go to the derm...

Let us know what you find out!!!
i will they will probably go away before i go to the doctor with my luck

Old 12-02-2003, 05:49 PM   #7

TheWildSide HB User

I think I have what you'r describing. I'm pretty sure that they are cysts, but i'm not sure. My doc injects them with cortisone and they go down-usually for good unless I start eating like crap or drink liquor. Im interested in hearing what your doc has to say though, so keep us posted.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:35 PM   #8

daddysgurl19 HB User

so, i went to the dermatologist the other day. i get so excited that my appointment is coming up and talk myself in to thinking something miraculous is going to happen when i go, it never does. i guess i just assume the doctor is going to give me a miracle cream that is going to get rid of every single one that is on my face or at least say something i don't already know.

someone once posted on here about what could it mean if you go to your dermatologist and their skin is broken out? i laughed about that post and said are you a dummy, of course you need to find a new dermatologist. but my new derm has these under the skin bumps or rash or something all over her cheeks. i almost laughed out loud when i saw her. anyways!

i went to the derm, she switched my antibiotic to dynacin. she kept me on the topicals. she said that my face looked clearer to her. i wanted to scream what do you know at her, but since i am shy i didn't....lol! how in the hell can she have so many patients and possibly remember what my face looked like 2 months ago. oh well! i asked about the blister thingys and she said they were acne.

but the problem is i have no insurance and the dynacin is like 285 dollars for 60 day supply. i can't afford that. especially if it doesn't work. she said the generic was minocin is that the same thing as minocycline and do they all work the same? because i can go to my neighborhood clinic and get minocycline for $13.00 dollars. sorry my post was so lenghty just wanted to let ya'll know how it went.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:53 PM   #9

TheWildSide HB User

I'm pretty sure they work the same.

Closed Thread