It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 02:48 PM   #1

Astazio HB User
Question Pores & Retin-A Micro

I started using Retin-A Micro about 6 months ago. During this time I have had non-stop breakouts on the skin (pores) on my nose and under my eyes. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Will it stop eventually? Should I just stop using it in that area since it wasn't too bad before I began Retin-A Micro?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 09:35 AM   #2

colleenredmond HB User
Re: Pores & Retin-A Micro

LOL I had the same problem. I found out the only real way to treat acne is to use the retin a with a bpo not just retin a. My skin is too sensitive for the combo so I use other unclogging things like BHA. Now you can try using a bpo in the morning and see if you can take it. It makes sense, all you are doing is unclogging your pores with retin a not treating them. I got this huge puss purge from Tazorac and I had it happen for about four weeks and had scarring from it and stopped. So I know what you mean from having a retin a making things worse. However, I have seen DRAMATIC results from using retin a with benzaclin on a friend. She has skin that can take a brillo pad as a scrub so if you know your skin can take things and your skin is not at all bothered by the retin a try a 2.5 BPO and see, and perhaps work up to a 5% or even benzaclin like my friend. I mean she was so bad she had accutane in her hands and I told her to try this combo and insist her doc to try it before the tane cause I know it is a protocal for resistant acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 09:40 AM   #3

colleenredmond HB User
Re: Pores & Retin-A Micro

I read this and it makes sense too, if your acne has not gotten better with the treatment you are using in 12 weeks, you need to try something else. Unless you are on BCP that can only start working in 12 weeks but topical should not take 6 months. You can try a BCP I am on my fith month and got some improvment finally but my acne was REALLY BAD clogging up the ying yang. I had litterally 120 clogged pores on my face, now I can count them. I have about 25 now and last month I had 55 so each month I am getting better. Something to look into. I am on yamin but I broke out from it the first three months. The past two months is when I am noticing some imrovment. If you have patience a BCP can help. Also you can stop trying the darn retin a and try aby skincare at [url]http://www.abyskincare.com[/url]. Five people who had problems with retin a tried this program and got clear in about three weeks. Its like proactive but much much stronger cause they have powerful strenths of stuff and a doctor or nurse there can also make suggestions.

Closed Thread