It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 04:12 PM   #1

rippey HB User
Acne Diet & Maintaining Weight

I have had moderate success with a basic diet that consists of lots of vegetables, fruits, and some whole-grains, chicken, fish, etc. However, with the skin benefit, i have been slowly loosing weight. I like to stay in shape and maintain muscle tone (5'11, 170 lbs), so the weight loss is not good. Does anyone know what types of foods have little/no affect on acne, and still provide sufficient weight benefits? I know eating more would likely do this, but with such low fat foods involved it would take mountains of food and a big budget!! Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 07:59 PM   #2

TheWildSide HB User
Re: Acne Diet & Maintaining Weight

Good question. When I started eating healthy and taking pantothenic acid, I dropped from 150 to 135- and I'm 5'11". i still go the gym every other day, and work up a pretty big appetite. Bananas are good, as well as (I think) all natural peanut butter. The two together on a whole wheat bread makes for a great snack with a bunch of calaries. One sandwich should have about 300 calories. Other than that, a lot of baked chicken and brown rice, with the chicken juices all ver the rice instead of butter. You have to really be willing to cook.

Please lemme know what snacks or meals work for you that don't make you break out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

i work out alot too, and i think i started to get a little bit more cut while on b5...b5 helps to metabolize fats from what i understand...has anyone else noticed the same thing or is it just me?

Old 12-02-2003, 11:19 PM   #4

rippey HB User

Wildside, my snacks have basically been fresh fruit, mostly apples, oranges, grapes, a fruit cup from starbucks, etc. I actually try to stay away from bananas, I've heard they cause many people to break out. Maggie from [url]www.healthyskinshop.com[/url] helped me organize a basic diet that is high in protein (fish, organic eggs, chicken, raw nuts, beans, and soy milk), limited starches (whole grain bread, brown rice), lots of fruits and veggies, and no dairy. She also mentioned for a sweet snack to try an energy bar that is high in protein (15 grams or more) as it slows down the release of their sugars, but still not as good as a natural fruit or vegie. Then she hooked me up with a fish oil supplement (omega 3) and a high grade multi-vitamin. That's basically it. Plus she supplies the best moisturizer i have ever tried.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:22 AM   #5

TheWildSide HB User

Just a note on the protein bars- Designer Whey protein bars always worked great for me, although whey is supposedly a no-no in terms of acne. They're kinda expensive but I was able to find some decent deals on the net.

As far as b5 helping your body metabolise fats faster, I would have to agree with you. I've heard that elsehwere on this board also. It feels nearly impossible for me to actually gain weight, so I'm content now to just get really cut up.

Closed Thread