It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ?
Posts: 153
CursedSkin HB User
Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

im still in shock over how well b5 has cleared my skin..nothing since accutane has cleared me up this good..ive been taking 10g a day for about 8 weeks and a breakout has been a thing of the past..not only that, but im able to eat pretty much whatever junk i want without breaking out..

i want to reamain optomistic, but its like im expecting a breakout, but it just doesnt come...i can go to bed without washing my face and wake up knowing i didnt get any new breakouts...now that is what i call peace of mind!

Why couldnt a dermatoligist reccommend this stuff to me a few years ago! thats when i really needed it! i feel dermatologist are full of sh.it anyway..im willing to bet alot of them know about this treatment but they dont want to lose $$$$

 
Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 84
TheWildSide HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Yeah no derm has ever recommended panto to me, or anyone else on this board that I know of - and I've posting here for about 3 years. My doc rudely ignores the fact that panto works, and it seems very possible that he and others do so because they would lose a lot of business.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-02-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
449271 HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedSkin
im still in shock over how well b5 has cleared my skin..nothing since accutane has cleared me up this good..ive been taking 10g a day for about 8 weeks and a breakout has been a thing of the past..not only that, but im able to eat pretty much whatever junk i want without breaking out..

i want to reamain optomistic, but its like im expecting a breakout, but it just doesnt come...i can go to bed without washing my face and wake up knowing i didnt get any new breakouts...now that is what i call peace of mind!

Why couldnt a dermatoligist reccommend this stuff to me a few years ago! thats when i really needed it! i feel dermatologist are full of sh.it anyway..im willing to bet alot of them know about this treatment but they dont want to lose $$$$

did u get an initial breakout?and if u stop taking b5,will the acne come back?

Last edited by 449271; 12-02-2003 at 06:17 PM.

 
Old 12-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 115
neko13 HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

If anything, the vast majority of doctors (both derms and internists) advise staying far away from such megadoses of an untested self-treatment. The short term side effects are too risky, and there have been no long-term studies done on it.

But of course, it is your choice.

 
Old 12-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 84
TheWildSide HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko13
If anything, the vast majority of doctors (both derms and internists) advise staying far away from such megadoses of an untested self-treatment.
Not necessarily. My derm didn't take me seriously, even after I told him how much I was taking. My PCP was happy that I found something that worked for me and she ran a series of blood tests to see if I am experiencing any liver problems, etc.

Generally, I hear from doctors about the dangers of alcohol consumption and smoking cigarettes. Because of the nature of panto, doctors usually aren't concerned enough about its toxcity to advise avoiding it.

 
Old 12-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ?
Posts: 153
CursedSkin HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 449271
did u get an initial breakout?and if u stop taking b5,will the acne come back?

yeah i got a intial breakout, but it cleared up as quick as it came..i think i can count on one hand how many bumps i got in the last 3 or 4 weeks...

i will be taking a maintanence dosage of b5 once my skin is 100 percent clear (its about 95% now)..i dont know how long i woill do that though..if i had to take a maintanance dose for the rest of my life, so be it, its worth it

 
Old 12-03-2003, 03:57 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 49
Acnepain HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Cursed Skin,

So how many tablets would you need to take-I can't think how many mlgs are contained in one tablet. Also what brand do you use-I heard someone mention Holland & Barrett time released version.
I used Vit B5 about 2 years ago and it definitely helped a bit but my eyes were very dry and irritated but I might try it again!

Do you take any other vitamins?

 
Old 12-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: nj
Posts: 10
End Game HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

How bad was your acne? Did the b5 cause dryness? Thanks
__________________
"This is a war and we are soldiers. What if the war could be over tomorrow? Isn't that worth fighting for?" -Morpheus

 
Old 12-03-2003, 02:23 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 23
mrgreen HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

I'm using it for since september last year, 3g/day and it keeps my 100% skin clear (had 2 accutane courses before that got my skin clear but the acne returned after some time)

 
Old 12-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ?
Posts: 153
CursedSkin HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acnepain
Cursed Skin,

So how many tablets would you need to take-I can't think how many mlgs are contained in one tablet. Also what brand do you use-I heard someone mention Holland & Barrett time released version.
I used Vit B5 about 2 years ago and it definitely helped a bit but my eyes were very dry and irritated but I might try it again!

Do you take any other vitamins?

i take 20 500mg pills a day...and i use the swansons brand..its the cheapest..it cost 28 dollars for 500 pills..a months supply, and when i go on maintanence, itlll last even longer


and i wouldnt say my acne was severe, but i did have cyst problems and it was only getting worse...i still have slightly oily skin, but its not as bad as before..b5 really doesnt dry your skin

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
DOES Anyones Joints hurt?? BriansMom444 Fibromyalgia 12 11-05-2008 11:40 AM
Has Anyones Hair Loss Stopped? wdiguy Hair Loss / Alopecia 8 06-07-2007 07:12 AM
Vulvar Itch: Phobia of vaginal examinations and the Dermatologist frayedm Phobias 0 07-09-2006 04:47 PM
Dumping my Dermatologist... aquarius0121 Acne 4 05-17-2006 07:38 AM
anyones start without actual spinning? comeandrelax Inner Ear Disorders 6 04-20-2006 05:34 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Accutane
Aspirin
Benzoyl
Clindamycin
Differin
  Accutane
Aspirin
Benzoyl
Clindamycin
Differin




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



WhenItRains (10), ClearSkinRomy (6), MSNik (5), mmisty (5), jonnstar (3), poozers (3), Debaloo (2), MG098 (2), LitS917 (2), lisamariemoon (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1166), MSJayhawk (1000), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (833), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (747), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!