It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
(male)

CursedSkin HB User
Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

im still in shock over how well b5 has cleared my skin..nothing since accutane has cleared me up this good..ive been taking 10g a day for about 8 weeks and a breakout has been a thing of the past..not only that, but im able to eat pretty much whatever junk i want without breaking out..

i want to reamain optomistic, but its like im expecting a breakout, but it just doesnt come...i can go to bed without washing my face and wake up knowing i didnt get any new breakouts...now that is what i call peace of mind!

Why couldnt a dermatoligist reccommend this stuff to me a few years ago! thats when i really needed it! i feel dermatologist are full of sh.it anyway..im willing to bet alot of them know about this treatment but they dont want to lose $$$$

Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 PM   #2

TheWildSide HB User
Re: Has anyones dermatologist reccommended b5?

Yeah no derm has ever recommended panto to me, or anyone else on this board that I know of - and I've posting here for about 3 years. My doc rudely ignores the fact that panto works, and it seems very possible that he and others do so because they would lose a lot of business.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
(male)

449271 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedSkin
im still in shock over how well b5 has cleared my skin..nothing since accutane has cleared me up this good..ive been taking 10g a day for about 8 weeks and a breakout has been a thing of the past..not only that, but im able to eat pretty much whatever junk i want without breaking out..

i want to reamain optomistic, but its like im expecting a breakout, but it just doesnt come...i can go to bed without washing my face and wake up knowing i didnt get any new breakouts...now that is what i call peace of mind!

Why couldnt a dermatoligist reccommend this stuff to me a few years ago! thats when i really needed it! i feel dermatologist are full of sh.it anyway..im willing to bet alot of them know about this treatment but they dont want to lose $$$$

did u get an initial breakout?and if u stop taking b5,will the acne come back?

Last edited by 449271; 12-02-2003 at 06:17 PM.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #4

neko13 HB User

If anything, the vast majority of doctors (both derms and internists) advise staying far away from such megadoses of an untested self-treatment. The short term side effects are too risky, and there have been no long-term studies done on it.

But of course, it is your choice.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #5

TheWildSide HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko13
If anything, the vast majority of doctors (both derms and internists) advise staying far away from such megadoses of an untested self-treatment.
Not necessarily. My derm didn't take me seriously, even after I told him how much I was taking. My PCP was happy that I found something that worked for me and she ran a series of blood tests to see if I am experiencing any liver problems, etc.

Generally, I hear from doctors about the dangers of alcohol consumption and smoking cigarettes. Because of the nature of panto, doctors usually aren't concerned enough about its toxcity to advise avoiding it.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 449271
did u get an initial breakout?and if u stop taking b5,will the acne come back?

yeah i got a intial breakout, but it cleared up as quick as it came..i think i can count on one hand how many bumps i got in the last 3 or 4 weeks...

i will be taking a maintanence dosage of b5 once my skin is 100 percent clear (its about 95% now)..i dont know how long i woill do that though..if i had to take a maintanance dose for the rest of my life, so be it, its worth it

Old 12-03-2003, 03:57 AM   #7

Acnepain HB User

Cursed Skin,

So how many tablets would you need to take-I can't think how many mlgs are contained in one tablet. Also what brand do you use-I heard someone mention Holland & Barrett time released version.
I used Vit B5 about 2 years ago and it definitely helped a bit but my eyes were very dry and irritated but I might try it again!

Do you take any other vitamins?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #8

End Game HB User

How bad was your acne? Did the b5 cause dryness? Thanks

Old 12-03-2003, 02:23 PM   #9

mrgreen HB User

I'm using it for since september last year, 3g/day and it keeps my 100% skin clear (had 2 accutane courses before that got my skin clear but the acne returned after some time)

Old 12-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #10
(male)

CursedSkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acnepain
Cursed Skin,

So how many tablets would you need to take-I can't think how many mlgs are contained in one tablet. Also what brand do you use-I heard someone mention Holland & Barrett time released version.
I used Vit B5 about 2 years ago and it definitely helped a bit but my eyes were very dry and irritated but I might try it again!

Do you take any other vitamins?

i take 20 500mg pills a day...and i use the swansons brand..its the cheapest..it cost 28 dollars for 500 pills..a months supply, and when i go on maintanence, itlll last even longer

and i wouldnt say my acne was severe, but i did have cyst problems and it was only getting worse...i still have slightly oily skin, but its not as bad as before..b5 really doesnt dry your skin

Closed Thread