It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 04:28 AM   #1

NeuroticOne HB User
Red face Jojoba Oil & Ketsugo

It seems to me that Jojoba oil might be the natural equivalent of Ketsugo. If you research on the web, you'll find plenty of sites concerning jojoba oil and its value for helping save the whales. Seems the jojoba oil (actually a liquid wax) is just about the sperm whale's oil equivalent. On some sites about Ketsugo they hint that the oil for its product comes from a "marine organism" (???). Is it possible they are just selling jojoba oil in a spray bottle???

Old 03-11-2003, 06:27 AM   #2

cheyanna2 HB User
I am very interested as to where you get your information, because it has me very confused. You have stated that jojoba oil has acne causing ingredients in it. If you are using 100% pure jojoba oil(which is what has been recommended) then it will not contain anything BUT jojoba oil. There are some versions that have other ingredients added to it, but you should only use 100% pure jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is from a plant (not sure about it helping any whales, but I know people used to use whale oil as a wrinkler fighter/moisturizer and sites say the jojoba oil is similar), Ketsugo has a chemical in it that supposedly helps reduce oil production, but I highly doubt they are selling you jojoba oil in a bottle. If you skin is really oily I have heard good things about the ketsugo. I have been using jojoba oil for a long time now and it has been great. Emu oil is also supposed to be good for acne prone skin, but I have not tried that since the jojoba oil works so well for me.

[This message has been edited by cheyanna2 (edited 03-11-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread