It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #1

fruitisgood0908 HB User
Question sunfell-need your advice :-)

Hey there Sunfell,
I've been reading your posts..and I need some advice. I had altered my diet alot, but did not recieve all of the results I wanted. I saw your threads and decided to alter it some more...plus I was reading about other benefits of it and figured it was something I really wanted to have as a lifestyle. Ok...just wondering if these foods sound ok:

All fruits (avoiding high consumptions of bananas and citrus fruits)
Vegetables (mostly green...broccolli, zucchinni, and all of those other green veggies, also cauliflower etc.....no corn/starchy vegetables)

Nuts (primarily brazil nuts and almonds, since I like those most, and sunflower seeds etc.)

Salmon....also...what about other types of fish? Are they okay on your plan?

I also plan to eat raw most of the week (fruits, seeds, nuts) and eat cooked fish/veggies maybe 2-3 times a week. Is this similar to your diet?

Ohhh..and lots of water! :-)

Can you also provide another sample of the types of foods you consume in a day? I know you posted it on another thread, but I got lost trying to find it :-(

Thanks!
Lindsay

Old 12-03-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Inactive

sunfell HB User
Re: sunfell-need your advice :-)

Yes your diet is very similar to mine. I don't like vegetables. I thought I would like vegetables after I started eating them a lot, but, while I like them a lot better than I did before, I still don't quite enjoy them. However, I force myself to eat them everyday, and I try to alternate between dark leafy greens and "crunchy" cruciferous vegetables like broccoli. Any meat or fish is ok as long as it is real meat and not strange stuff like packaged and cured sandwich meats or hotdogs. There are some fish I stay away from because of the mecury and PCB levels and such. I decided to eat only wild alaskan salmon and sardines for this reason and they have good Omega 3 benefits. Sardines are cheap. As far as other meats are concerned, I don't eat chicken anymore because I got sick from it and everytime I try to eat it it bothers me. Sometimes I eat organic duck. I buy it, cook it, and freeze it. I don't eat meat more than once a week, other than fish. The only red meat I eat is a few cuts of organic lamb on occassion, which is 6 bucks at a restaurant in new york city. Sometimes I will purchase and cook a whole organic lamb (leg of, I mean hehe), and freeze it and eat it once every two weeks, in place of other meats. It lasts forever. Here is a food list:

For carbs:
-Brown rice
-Wild rice
-Quinoa
-Amaranth
-Brown rice pasta
-Lentil pasta
-any fruit
-any vegetable
-any RAW nut or seed (as long as it isn't poisonous like acorns which must be processed)

For protein:
-again any raw nut or seed
-legumes (soak beans overnight) Eating beans and brown rice together is a good combination for protein
-meat that is not "cured" (real meat and not packaged sandwhich meats)
-For fish choose wild alaskan salmon or sardines if you like them

Sweeteners: stevia, honey, real maple syrup, agave nectar

Yes water is important. Your diet sounds great! There are so many benefits to this.

Here is the list of food and processing techniques to avoid:
Hydrogenated oils, heated oils (except saturated fats like coconut oil because that does not denature at higher temperatures, however some people have issues with saturated fat. They should disregard the use of oil in cooking altogether), fortified foods, refined sugar, refined white anything (rice, flour, bread, sugar etc), extreme denatured foods (like cheetos), dairy and all products containing dairy from supplement products to food products, eggs + gluten in the beginning. Also excess caffeine and excess alcohol.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-03-2003 at 11:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

After reading thousands of posts about five have claimed diet cured their acne. Which is nice if you are one of those. Ten times that amount claimed Proactive cured their acne and I dont believe that at all.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:16 PM   #4
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Every single person who follows this diet regimen gets cured, whether they post about it here, or not.

And I do believe that doctor's treatments and over the counter topicals can help alleviate the symptoms of acne, but for how long?

Last edited by sunfell; 12-03-2003 at 01:17 PM.

Old 12-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #5

End Game HB User

So are other types of fish okay besides wild salmon? And what meat specifically do you mean when you say uncure? Thanks

Old 12-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #6

TheWildSide HB User

sunfell-

How do you feel about canned beans?

WildSide

Old 12-04-2003, 04:55 AM   #7

fruitisgood0908 HB User

"So are other types of fish okay besides wild salmon? "

or do they need to be eliminated also?

I have minimal access to a health foods store at the moment..do they sell wild salmon at regular grocery stores? Also....are any of the other fish at grocery stores possibly okay?

Thanks again!

Old 12-04-2003, 09:48 AM   #8
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Yes Fruit,

Sardines have the best amount of omega 3 with the least amount of contaminants compared to other farm raised or conventional fish. Any fish is fine, though. Salmon is best for the purposes of this diet. You want to increase your consumption of Omega 3 to replace unhealthy fats and fix the essential fatty acid ratio in the body. You can order these foods off the internet as well.

Endgame,
By cured meat I mean hotdogs, cured pork. It means no sandwich meats or packaged meats, artificially preserved meats. No beef jerky etc. Fresh stuff.

Wild,
As far as canned beans are concerned, it is better to get them fresh and cook them because of the nutritional value. Canned food has far less nutrients, and that is the point of this diet--nutrients. Plus, preservatives may hinder digestion and absorption.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-04-2003 at 09:56 AM.

Closed Thread