It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #1

Mystikins HB User
Derm appointment

I dont have a dermatologist. How much usually is the first consultation and stuff? What do I need to bring? I can't put it on insurance. Tell me everything!
If I go in to get prices.. do they charge me for that? If i go in, then leave, then go back to get the treatment or whatnot, I need to know everything. I'm going this solely on my own. I'm 18 btw. :P

Old 12-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #2

wicketglen7 HB User
Re: Derm appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikins
I dont have a dermatologist. How much usually is the first consultation and stuff? What do I need to bring? I can't put it on insurance. Tell me everything!
If I go in to get prices.. do they charge me for that? If i go in, then leave, then go back to get the treatment or whatnot, I need to know everything. I'm going this solely on my own. I'm 18 btw. :P
Hi Mystikins, I don't have insurance (anymore at least) and when I made my first derm appointment (I called around to find out prices) the first consultation visit was 80 dollars. They give you a perscription and everything just like a normal visit, they can just charge you more because they spend 2 minutes getting your history vs. 30 seconds to look at your face and say "okay well try this now...come back and see me in 4 months..." The visits each time after that are 52 bucks. Very cheap. My perscriptions are not that expensive either. 20 bucks for over two months of doxycycline (antibiotic) and 35 bucks for azelaic acid which lasts 5 months and a topical erythromycin gel that costs 26 bucks for a 60 gram tube, which also lasts me 5 months. All very cheap considering...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 04:04 PM   #3

wicketglen7 HB User
Re: Derm appointment

Oh and the only thing you should bring is the info you want him/her to know in order for her to perscribe you something that will work the best for you. Ie any meds you had previously been on and whether or not they worked. Anything else they ask you is stuff you should know already, just basic stuff.

Closed Thread