It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 09:30 AM   #1

matahari HB User
Angry Weekend Breakouts!!!

Ok.. this is really weird, but I have noticed that I break out on the weekends. My skin will be clear as a bell all week (even through the stress of work & school) but as soon as the weekend hits, I break out with like 5-6 new pimples! By Monday morning they are all gone and my face is back to normal! What the hell??? I'm trying to figure out why this happens! I don't drink alcohol anymore so that's not it, I don't eat out very much on the weekend... the only thing I can think of is maybe I don't drink enough water (I drink a ton during the week, not very much on the weekends), not going to the gym (I go M-F, Sat, & Sun are my days off), or too much sleep (8 hours a nite during the week, 12-14 a nite on the weekend) This is driving me nuts! Does this happen to anyone else?

Old 12-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #2

honeybearkitty HB User
Re: Weekend Breakouts!!!

Could it be caused by a food you're eating only on certain days of the week? Maybe you have the same thing for lunch every Thursday or Friday and break out on the weekend because of that???
Dairy, sugar, and gluten seem to be the most common problem foods. Bananas are a problem for me too, among other people...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 06:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Try not sleeping in at weekends. I sometimes find that too much sleep can provoke acne. It probably relates directly to all the sweating you do in bed (after getting into a cold bed at night and wrapping myself up in the duvet, I wake up really hot sometimes), and perhaps the lack of water in the system (I'm always dehydrated after more than 8 hours sleep and I'm sure the skin is too). Just get up after the 8 hours, splash your face, desleep your peepers and get on with the weekend. You never know

Old 12-05-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

By the way, I don't think it's related to not going to the gym. I'm a regular exerciser too, but I don't go every day and I don't see this having an effect on my acne. I'm sure exercise benefits the skin by promoting good tone but problem skin cannot be directly attributed to a lack of exercise. I would, however, recommend that you drink plenty of water at weekends as you do in the week. Water certainly does play a part in improving acne.

Closed Thread