It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #1

Astf HB User
Lightbulb Bringing down swelling fast-- Hemorhoid cream for your face? Who else has tried this?

This sounds absolutely disgusting and utterly weird, but I have heard a lot lately about hemmorhoid creams being good for swelling (and not just on your rear.)

Today, I finally reached for it in desperation because some swelling on my face would not go down. I am on my period at the moment, which explains why it's there in the first place, but this one would not drain. After days of self-inflicted torture, it did form head which was cleaned out, but the swelling still persisted. I'm in a bit of a panic because tomorrow I have to go to see my favorite aunt off, and I don't want her last image of me to be one with a giant melon on my face.

But the cream seems to be working well, so now I am worried about long-term damage--scarring and so on. If anyone has tried this remedy and can share their experiences here let me know. Any other remedies that can help bring down swelling fast are appreciated. Also, I read something about an anti-inflamitory diet in another post. If anyone has been on it I'd love to hear whether it worked for you. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 02:42 PM   #2

Astf HB User
Re: Bringing down swelling fast-- Hemorhoid cream for your face? Who else has tried this?

Just an update... I used the cream about 5 hours ago and the swelling is almost nonexistant. I'm surprised that this has worked so well because NOTHING has ever brought down my inflamation so fast. I take zinc supplements on the side, but I haven't had any today so this is all the cream's doing (although 50 mg zinc at night does bloody wonders for me). I have used everything from tea tree oil to Neosporin to Mario Badescu's $20 an ounce healing cream, but this stuff is fantastic. To think it's generic brand hemorrhoid cream too, lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 03:19 PM   #3

Riacho HB User
Re: Bringing down swelling fast-- Hemorhoid cream for your face? Who else has tried this?

I have a friend who gets very very bad systic acne and she'd have to get a shot directly into the swollen area with cortisone and than the swelling would go down... As for me and my little sister, we've both tried Hydrocortisone cream on our faces and it works so well. Not only does it keep down swelling of current problems, but it helped with the overall appearance of our skin.

The hemorrhoid cream sounds interesting... I've even heard of it being used on a swollen finger when you can't get a ring off.

Last edited by Riacho; 12-05-2003 at 03:20 PM.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #4
(female)

AliasJaneDoe HB User

I've heard that you shouldn't use Hydrocortisone on your face for prolonged periods. Anybody else know about this? Is it true?

Old 12-06-2003, 04:44 AM   #5

Astf HB User

I've heard about the cortizone injections. A woman on another board said she was addicted to them and would go everyday to get a shot. She didn't mention the side effects, but since then I've looked it up. A lot of weird stuff can happen as a result of having the shot, including: hair loss, joint pain, dry skin, etc. Most people get the shots for temporary relief in sports injuries, so their doses are probably higher.

I don't know how severe the topicals side effects are, but you're probably right in saying that they shouldn't be used over a prolonged period of time.

The hemorrhoid cream has the following active ingredients: petroleum, shark oil, mineral oil, and phenylephrine.

Old 12-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #6

TheWildSide HB User

I really want it to work, but it seems like the hydro cream always has too much grease in it. I've tried it three times without luck, but maybe im using the wrong brand.

Old 12-06-2003, 06:52 PM   #7
(male)

Queen Toof HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildSide
I really want it to work, but it seems like the hydro cream always has too much grease in it. I've tried it three times without luck, but maybe im using the wrong brand.
I'm not sure about the shot but I used to work in a pharmacy and the pharmacist used to warn people against using hydrocortisone cream on the face because it thins out the skin after prolonged use.

Closed Thread