It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #1

lovemyblaine HB User
Question Tea Tree Oil?

Has anyone ever tried tea tree oil. If so what were your results?

Old 12-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #2

SkinTastic HB User
Re: Tea Tree Oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyblaine
Has anyone ever tried tea tree oil. If so what were your results?
Yes Ive tried The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. Its the best thing Ive ever tried. Spread the oil all over your face. It smells like menthol mint. It really does dry up the pimples in less than a day. So if u have a prom to go to the next day, make sure u use it at night. The redness and the bump will definately disappear.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 03:29 PM   #3

lovemyblaine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinTastic
Yes Ive tried The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. Its the best thing Ive ever tried. Spread the oil all over your face. It smells like menthol mint. It really does dry up the pimples in less than a day. So if u have a prom to go to the next day, make sure u use it at night. The redness and the bump will definately disappear.
No. No prom. Im 22 and have been batling acne for 9 years. I have tried everything from bp to accutane and nothing works. I just a little skeptical that something you can get for ten dollars at the grocery store is going to do the trick. Do tou use it straight or dilute it?

Old 12-05-2003, 03:38 PM   #4

SkinTastic HB User

I use it straight. I just drip the oil all over my face and wait for the pimple to disappear. The tea tree oil that I bought is from The Body Shop. Its a really small bottle, about 6 bucks, but it worked for me. Tea tree oil is my emergency treatment.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:45 PM   #5

lovemyblaine HB User

do you have any tips on preventing acne?

Old 12-07-2003, 11:10 AM   #6

gatesofpearl HB User

Tree tree oil has saved my face from terrible disfigurement. The stuff is totally amazing. Use it undiluted, twice a day if you can stand it. It blows Benzoyl Peroxide away.

Try going two weeks without dairy products and refined suger. That means no milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, pies, cakes, donuts, candy, etc. I think you will notice that you have clearer skin after two weeks. This "diet doesn't cause acne" mantra makes me so mad I could scream.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:09 PM   #7

Astf HB User

Tea tree oil didn't work for me. It was too harsh, and left me with VERY dry, irritated skin. The fumes from the bottle alone made my eyes water. Even diluted, it was harsh and didn't do a thing for my acne. They call it "oil" but don't get confused, it is more like alcohol.

I have combo sensitive skin with moderate acne by the way.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:57 AM   #8

lovemyblaine HB User
Talking Re: Tea Tree Oil?

So I have been using the tea tree oil for 5 days now and my face has been clearer than it has been in three years! I am so amazed. even the old red marks are fading. Thank you to all for your advice. I am kind of concerned though because I have a derm appt. on monday and im afraid he wont see how bad my skin is.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:49 PM   #9
Inactive

temple HB User

hi, ive never had any luck with tea tree oil as an acne cure, but it is my miracle cure secret remedy for any time i start to develop a stye or any eyelid irritation. for some reason, im prone to styes, but once i tried a tiny bit of oil and it disappeared. but be careful, it really stings. once i even went to the eye doctor and they couldnt do anything for it, so tea tree oil is my secret miracle cure, just in case any of you ever get a stye. for your acne, i would try clindamycin gel, and antibiotics, if its not severe.

Closed Thread