It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2003, 07:01 AM   #1

ol'lady HB User
Question retin-a micro w/ benzaclin & minocycline

The derm wants my son to start retin-a micro every other night for 2 weeks, and then to use nightly thereafter along with benzaclin(in AM) and taking mino (100mg 2x day). He's been on the mino, benzaclin, and a BP wash for about 2 months. She said the retin-a micro should give his treatment an added boost. Taking these other meds, how bad do you think the initial breakout will be? Will only using it every other night help prevent a major explosion? When did those of you using such a combo see any improvement? Exactly what will the retin-a micro do that these others don't? Thanks for any info-ya'll know from personal experience!

Old 12-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
(female)

tater97531 HB User
Re: retin-a micro w/ benzaclin & minocycline

I use Retin a micro, clindamycin pledglets (antibiotics),and a BP wash...the combo has worked pretty well for me. I don't get too many zits but i do havr red marks and some indents...hoping RAM will fade some of them. I think my combo is similar to your son's. RAM usually causes an intial breakout but mine wasnt too bad...some breakout more than others...he might get dry, flaky skin but I would persist w/ it. hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #3

ol'lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater97531
I use Retin a micro, clindamycin pledglets (antibiotics),and a BP wash...the combo has worked pretty well for me. I don't get too many zits but i do havr red marks and some indents...hoping RAM will fade some of them. I think my combo is similar to your son's. RAM usually causes an intial breakout but mine wasnt too bad...some breakout more than others...he might get dry, flaky skin but I would persist w/ it. hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply Tater! I'm hoping his initial breakout won't be too bad. But he's still breaking out some every few days anyway, so why not give it a try! I've also read good things about RAM and red marks and indents, hope it help you!

I just read on the RAM info site that BP and retin-a neutralize each other. Do you use your BP wash (I guess a wash wouldn't stay on your skin like a topical would) before applying the RAM, or do you just use it other times of the day?

Old 12-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #4

pvshyboy7 HB User

yea.. i've been on retin-a with mino for like 5 months.. worked pretty good.. but my skin turned super oily and red.. =/ so now im on Plexion cleanser with 8% BP pad and stuff... and monday is my next appointment... im going on accutane... i would kill myself if i dont..

Closed Thread