It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #1
(male)

Spork HB User
Big Painfull one on chin help!..

I just noticed it when I got home!.. its on my chin and it hurts.. I can't see a head.. im sure its a cyst.. i gave it a little squeeze then stoped my self.. I took some ibuprofen.. and my minocylcline acne antibiotic.. cleaned the cyst off and applyed some tea tree oil gel.. is there anything else I can do?.. or si there something better to put on it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2003, 11:24 PM   #2
(male)

Spork HB User
Re: Big Painfull one on chin help!..

anyone? im

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2003, 01:33 AM   #3

HollisterChick HB User

i get big huge zits on my chin usually every month or so and i know that they can be very painful and depressing! for me i wash my face as usual and then spot treat with Neutrogena on the spot about 3-4 times a day... sometimes less sometimes more and the zit is gone within the week! sometimes as little as 3 days or so! i hope this helps! God Bless and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #4

gatesofpearl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollisterChick
i get big huge zits on my chin usually every month or so and i know that they can be very painful and depressing! for me i wash my face as usual and then spot treat with Neutrogena on the spot about 3-4 times a day... sometimes less sometimes more and the zit is gone within the week! sometimes as little as 3 days or so! i hope this helps! God Bless and Happy Holidays!
Tea tree oil is better than the tee tree gel. It absorbs quicker and really attacks the inflammation. I use it on cysts all the time with great results. Use it two or three times a day until the cyst opens up and shrinks.

Old 12-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #5

samicat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork
I just noticed it when I got home!.. its on my chin and it hurts.. I can't see a head.. im sure its a cyst.. i gave it a little squeeze then stoped my self.. I took some ibuprofen.. and my minocylcline acne antibiotic.. cleaned the cyst off and applyed some tea tree oil gel.. is there anything else I can do?.. or si there something better to put on it
I realize that this post is a few days old so you have probably found some relief by now, but I would recommend seeing an aesthetician the next time you get a bad breakout or a cyst on your face. I don't get cystic acne but I get a lot of blackheads and whiteheads right under the surface of my skin and I go about once a month and she picks them all out for me for thirty bucks. It's worth it to me because when I pick at my face, it only gets worse, when she picks it, it flares up the next day and then completely clears. She also said that she treats a lot of people with cystic acne. She is a medical aesthetician who works for a plastic surgeon and I like her better than the dermatologist because she does nothing all day long but treat acne and she really knows her stuff!

Old 12-14-2003, 06:25 PM   #6

mossimo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork
See your derm's asst and get a cortisone injection. It'll make it go away quick and you'll have less scarring.

Old 12-14-2003, 07:58 PM   #7
(male)

Spork HB User

I didn't pop it!! just kept taking ib and mino.. while applying BP to it.. theres a small red mark left over.. any way to get rid of it? but other than that the pain and swelling is gone.. only took 2 days

Closed Thread