It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 02:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Angry Really Fed Up Today!

Well i,ve just woken up and decided that i cant stand the itchyness no longer so ive had a shave and now my skin is really depressing me.
At the moment all i want to do is go back to bed and stay there until all of my spots and skin problems have dissapeared.
My girlfriend has asked me over to her house tonight and although she is great and really supportive of my skin problems i still feel self concious and really embarrased about it especially when her parents are home.
Im also getting really anxious about Friday night now as i have a big night out planned and my skin just doesnt seem to be healing at all.
Basically im on a real downer and completley fed up with this whole thing,i suppose this can be expected though after suffering on and off for the past 8 years or so.

Old 03-11-2003, 03:53 AM   #2
(male)

Ric HB User
keep your chin up mate things will get better. i used to have the same problem when i shaved my skin would look ten times worse and i'd normally get a few new spots appear. the best thing i can advise to do is get an electric razor, once you've shaved splash your face with lemon juice (it stings but it works) then put pure aloe vera gel on your face it takes all the redness and inflammation away. You can buy it online if you search pure 99.9& aloe vera gel, i order mine from a company in the uk called 'vitaminuk'. in the meantime don't touch your face leave it to settle down i know when this use to happen to me i'd wash my face 50 times or some complete madness but if you try what i said things will get better.

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Thanks for your advice mate,unfortunatley i cant use an electric razor beacause it actually makes my skin worse but i have cut wet shaving right down to once or twice a week just to give my skin a bit of a chance to heal up.
When you say splash lemon juice onto the skin do you mean that i should buy fresh lemons and squeeze the juice out of them?or is that lemon juice in a btl for pancakes etc just as good.
Thanks for your reply mate its nice to know im not the only one

Old 03-11-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
test

Old 03-11-2003, 06:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Sending you a hug today. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif

Old 03-11-2003, 08:51 AM   #6
(male)

Ric HB User
you don't have to use fresh lemons just use lemon juice that you get in a bottle. in the beginning an electric shaver did make my skin worse i found that i got loads of small whiteheads appear and i convinced myself that i was making things worse. but now every time i use it i clean the blade cover you get on top of the razor. before i do anything i wash my face with warm water with some lemon in it, dry face then shave, splash lemon juice on your face, let it dry for roughly 2 minutes don't go mad with the lemon juice you don't need a lot! then i apply pure aloe vera gel, this stuff is wicked it really takes all the irritation away and calms your skin down. i've suffered with moderate acne since i was 17yrs and i tried all over the counter ****** and nothing worked, this is the only thing that has really cleared my skin up so far. i'm hoping i'll grow out of this it's just really hard to not pick at spots but i think things will only get better if we learnt to leave them alone but that ain't gon happen. just chill out man stressing won't make it any better and leave your skin alone, stop putting all this **** on it that people tell you to. in my opinion stop using cleansers these only make your skin 10 times worse because a majority of them contain skin irritants, i've learnt that using pure herbal or natural stuff heals acne much faster.

Later

Old 03-11-2003, 09:04 AM   #7
(female)

dancingSonali HB User
can you recommend natural,herbal remedies, and how to use them....like aloe vera gel and lemon juice. what do you wash your face with? Also, do you know about apple cider vinegar?

Old 03-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #8
(male)

Ric HB User
i can only recommend the regime i'm using now which is pure lemon juice, any kind and aloe vera gel which i buy online from 'vitaminuk' if you do a search on them you should have some luck. one other thing i take is aloe vera capsules and 30mg zinc which had also contributed to helping my acne. i don't have a specific diet i pretty much eat what i want except cut down on chocolate, you can still eat it but in moderation. good luck ppl

later

Old 03-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Thanks for the reply Ric,ive got some aloe gel and im gunna start using it later today,i totally agree with you when you say forget the cleansers ive sacked them and im currently using baby wipes,there well easier and dont aggravate my skin

Closed Thread