It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 04:50 PM   #1

Trevalyn HB User
Cool Dial Antibacterial Soap Bar

I have to say, it's been about a week since I have been washing my face with DIAL Antibacterial Soap Bar, the GOLD one... and I must say that this has been the only effective cleaning tool in my regimen. I stopped using everything else, just wash my face normally with the soap bar in the morning and early evening usually right before shower. You actually feel your face being cleaned when rinsing with the lather and warm water. After you use the bar, make sure to place it on a "rack like" soap dish that's elevated so that it doesnt get soaked.

The only drawback to this simple product is that it since it dries your skin a bit, I've noticed that I get a lot more oil production. I'm hoping that after a week that this oil production will subside. That's it! Nothing else is applied to my face except for the soap and then moustorisze with Garnier's Pure Series Zinc Cream that can be purchased over the counter.

I haven't gotten good results with anything else as compared to this. Didn't really change my diet and I eat just about anything from health to junk A-Z. Anyone other Dial Soap users care to comment?

Old 12-07-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
(male)

acneman HB User
Dial Antibacterial Soap Bar

Do you have clear skin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 05:51 AM   #3

Trevalyn HB User
Re: Dial Antibacterial Soap Bar

Since I have been using it... yes, very few tiny breakouts...like 1-3 small red bumps. They're gone w/in 1-2 days. Before using Dial, I had many breakouts... tried many things, but nothing helped. Threw out all the toners, pads, and creams... The only other thing I use is just a mud mask (2xweek) to exfoliate. Nothing else.

Old 12-08-2003, 06:57 AM   #4

mdesrocher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevalyn
Since I have been using it... yes, very few tiny breakouts...like 1-3 small red bumps. They're gone w/in 1-2 days. Before using Dial, I had many breakouts... tried many things, but nothing helped. Threw out all the toners, pads, and creams... The only other thing I use is just a mud mask (2xweek) to exfoliate. Nothing else.

i've used dial too, my doc recommended it. it works so well because it has triclosan that kills bacteria. if you want something that doesn't dry out your face use Noxema triple action (comes in a blue tube) or anything else where the active ingredient is triclosan.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:57 AM   #5

Forcefed4 HB User

I use Dial soap, the Vitamins bar (it's also goldish color). I was using it for the last 2 months. It is a little drying now that it's getting cold out, so I alternate between this and Aveeno body wash, which worked wonders on my dry skin last winter.

Kev

Old 12-08-2003, 10:38 AM   #6

TranscendingAbyss HB User

I used that untill winter when it started drying, then I found the dial antibacterial body washes.. (big purple and blue bottles) they work the same but they don't dry as much and they smell yummy IMO, plus they cover your whole body so if you have body acne it really helps with that too

(oh by the way I found out about these when the person who pierced my cartalidge told me to find a soap that contained triclosan... you never need to do anything else to the piercing.. just gently suds it in the shower and let the foam sit on it a minute)

Last edited by TranscendingAbyss; 12-08-2003 at 10:40 AM.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #7
(female)

unruhe HB User

I had been using dial and it was working wonderfully. Cleared me right up. Stupidly, I thought I'd try Dove b/c it was getting cold out and I thought the 1/4 moisturizing would help - bad move! Horrible breakouts on body! I went back to dial immediately, and a month later, I have no more breakouts, just the red marks from the last breakout.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

I used that too for awhile but it dried my skin out ALOT. I was like peeling flakes off my face constantly. So I had to stop using it. So far all I've been using is Persagel which has been working pretty well.

Old 12-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #9

Trevalyn HB User

Cool, so I am hearing some mixed opinions... think I will continue the dial soap usage and see how it goes. The great thing about this is that your face actually feels so much cleaner The dryness and extra oil production is a little frustrating, but hopefully that can be battled with drinking plenty of water. I think it will take a few weeks for your body to adapt to this regimen.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:38 AM   #10
Inactive

Aries872 HB User

Doesn't it clog your pores?? Did it clear up your acne??

Closed Thread