It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 06:35 PM   #1

cookiemonster123 HB User
No One Knows How To Get Rid Of Them?

I am going insane.. this is pathetic. No one can give me a good reason on how to get rid of blackheads? They are literally taking over my face, and I am going crazy.. my acne is not bad, my face is mostly smooth. I am happy about that, no doubt, but with these things all over the damn place my face still doesnt look very good. HELP!

Old 12-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #2

Astazio HB User
Talking Re: No One Knows How To Get Rid Of Them?

I have mild/moderate acne and was prescribed Retin-A Micro. My derm told me that it would help clean out my pores. Within a few months my blackheads/whiteheads have cleared up and my pores have shrunk considerably. I think that is a pretty commmn effect that Retin-A Micro has on blacks. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #3

lookingforcure HB User
Re: No One Knows How To Get Rid Of Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astazio
I have mild/moderate acne and was prescribed Retin-A Micro. My derm told me that it would help clean out my pores. Within a few months my blackheads/whiteheads have cleared up and my pores have shrunk considerably. I think that is a pretty commmn effect that Retin-A Micro has on blacks. Hope that helps.
I wouldnt suggest retin a micro for blackheads. I have been using it for a while and it dosnt do much for blackheads. At least for me anyway. I would suggest buying an exfolitaing scrub or maybe a clay mask to use daily. If the blackheads are really bad then I would look into low doses of accutane possibly.

Last edited by lookingforcure; 12-07-2003 at 08:55 PM.

Closed Thread