It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 01:03 PM   #1

laylalayla HB User
tazorac every night????

My dr. recommended tazorac every other night + clindamycin every morning. What will happen if I use the tazorac every night? Has anyone done this before? I think I had a bad case of acne due to hormonal changes (off bc/then on again). I take ortho tricyclen and in the past, I have been very clear. I am going to begin my 3rd pack and hope the last two have been "initial" breakout periods (!) but we'll see.

Anyone using retin-a or tazorac every day? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
(female)

tater97531 HB User
Re: tazorac every night????

i used to use retin a micro every night along with topical clindamycin and a bp wash in the morning...it can get very drying so I switched to every other day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #3

LuckyStar1 HB User

laylalayla: I am currently on Tazorac (.1%) and am using it every night. (Note: I leave the Tazorac on for 5 min. and then wash off as my derm. advised). Tazorac is strong stuff. Your derm probably told you to use Taz. every other night b/c it can really dry out your face and cause burning or peeling. My face is quite oily so those symptoms were not a major factor with using Tazorac every night. Once you think you can "handle" Taz every night, ask your derm about it to see possible faster results?
So far my results with Tazorac, Duac Gel, and Vitamin C cream have been amazing. I couldn't be happier. And I go in for another treatment of photodynamic therapy in January to get rid of my red and brown scars.
I wish you the best of luck and I hope you are sucessfull with Tazorac, this stuff worked wonders for me

Last edited by LuckyStar1; 12-08-2003 at 06:04 PM.

Old 12-08-2003, 05:44 PM   #4

Amoira HB User

I have been doing Taz every night with no problems. I am starting with the .05% though. I do not wash it off. I keep it on and have had no problems. If you use an alpha hydroxy in the mornings it will help with the flaking skin.

Closed Thread