It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #1

Mercury2234 HB User
Accutane users question

Hey, everybody
Im taking vitamin E, and ive noticed that everybody takes 800 I.U. (400 I.U twice a day), well, i must wondering whether its alright to take one pill of 1000 I.U. once a day. I didnt ask my dermatologist yet since hes on vacation. My main concern is that the vitamin E wont get in the way with teh Accutane. I take my vitamin E along with vitamin C (no multivitamin, one cap for vit e, the other B-50 vitamin which contain, B12, Vitamin C, thiamin, B6, Riboflavin), hours after ive taken my Accutane.
Is the way im taking vitamins getting in the way of the Accutane full effectiveness?
Also, ive heard that Accutane is fat solluable, so its best to eat withlots of fats, but doesnt that mess up your liver? I take one Accutane in the morning with breafast and was wondering was does everybody eat with in the morning, sometimes i eat cereal with no fat milk and a fruit, or some morning some sausage with eggs and bacon, it varies from day to day. Which one do you think i should eat with?
Sorry to ask so many questions, i just want my Accutane experience goes smoothly as possible, and to its full effectiveness.
Thx alot

Old 12-09-2003, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: Accutane users question

Well, I don't think you need to eat more fats than normal - the volume of accutane to fat in your diet means that there will be plenty for it to dissolve in. Stick to your normal diet whilst on accutane, that's my advice. I can't help with the rest, sorry. I already asked on another thread - is it Ok or even necessaryto take B5 while on accutane? And will the initial breakout from the B5 prevent another happening when starting accutane? Sorry if someone's already replied to these questions on the other thread.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 09:13 AM   #3

accu HB User

I understand where you're coming. When I was on accutane, I was so paranoid. I wanted to do this and that and then, another part of me would wonder whether any of "this" or "that" will get in the way of accutane.

Now that I've finished accutane, I realized that none of those things matter. In fact, I can see where my derma was coming from when I asked him about vitamins and neosporin and hydrogen peroxide and lotion and cream and diets and a bunch of stuff. He told me that I don't need to use or do anything. Nothing else will help. Accutane is the only thing helping the acne. If I saw any improvement, it's from accutane and nothing else. I think he's right.

However, I do recommend you take 800iu of vita E since a lot accutane users take it and some dermatologists actually recommend it.

Other than that, leave your face alone and please, for the sake of your skin, do NOT pick your zits. I learn my lesson the hard way. Now, I got pitted scars from the areas that I did pick. You can't get away with picking while on accutane. Trust me.

Good luck.

Last edited by accu; 12-09-2003 at 09:15 AM.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:33 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

HI Mercury. I am in my 5th month of accutane. loving it! Anyway, yes i take 400iu of vitamin e with lunch. I did read about accutane working better in fat. Its right on the instructions that come with it. Anyway I didn't see it until after about the 3rd month of taking it. So i switched to Whole Milk, instead of my usual skim. It seemed to clear my face right up. But I think it was just coendience. But I am still drinking the whole milk, i thought i would gain weight, but i haven't.

Closed Thread