It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 08:26 PM   #1

HollisterChick HB User
Head And Shoulders

is there a specific kind of head and shoulders to use on my back? i really hope this works cuz i have a formal to go to soon! any help would be sooo awesome! and some head and shoulders success stories will make me feel better toO! thanks guys! HappY HoLiDaYs and GOD BLESS!

Old 12-09-2003, 05:45 AM   #2
Veteran

Neca HB User
Re: Head And Shoulders

Hey Hollister,

Everytime I have visited a derm regarding my mild-moderate acne, they have always asked me have you tried Head and Shoulders? Derms seem very convinced that this stuff works because it contains Zinc Pyrithione (or ZPT) which is supposedly excellent for the skin. Well I tried using the shampoo on my face and I have to say for the first 2 weeks my skin complexion went back to clear. But as with almost all products, the skin begins to get used to it and it stopped working. However I do occasionally get a few spots on my back and when I use H&S in this area for some reason it clears it up (not totally but it is a lot better than before). Don't ask me why H&S doesn't work on my face but it does on my back because I have no idea.

But if you are going to use H&S make sure you buy the Original/Plain version of the shampoo as this is the one dermatologists recommend. The other versions like the fragrance ones are not so good.

Wash your face once or twice every two days with a small amount. Let me know if it works. Good luck....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 06:33 PM   #3

HollisterChick HB User

thanks so much for the post! do you use only the shampoo or the conditioner also????? once again thanks and God Bless!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 PM   #4

matahari HB User

Hey Hollister...

If the head & shoulders method does work for you, you should try using pHisoderm Clear Confidence face wash (not the body wash) w/ 2% SA. Scrub with a back brush and leave it on for about a minute before rising. Do this twice a day and I swear it gets rid of backne in less than a week and keeps you clear . I also have friends who have done it and it also cleared them up.

Old 12-10-2003, 01:58 AM   #5
Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matahari
Hey Hollister...

If the head & shoulders method does work for you, you should try using pHisoderm Clear Confidence face wash (not the body wash) w/ 2% SA.
Hey Hollister, don't use the conditioner just use the shampoo and lather it in on your back then leave it on for one minute. I agree with Matahari, you could also try using a low percentage of Salicyclic acid but I would suggest to use it probably once a day until your skin can deal with it. The reason being that it is acid and so may irritate you. S.A. is great for getting rid of dandruff, spots and blackheads. But you have to consistently use it so that nothing comes back.

But H&S shampoo (Plain/Original) is a better bet to start on because your skin is less likely to react to it as it contains Zinc which is good for the skin. Just make sure you look on the back of the bottle of shampoo and check its ingredients contains Zinc Pyrithione (ZPT).

Take care and the best of luck

Closed Thread