It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 12:38 AM   #1

pvshyboy7 HB User
Ladies! Im A Hopeless Guy! Help Me Please Respond!

ok, im a 17 year old, not bad looking asian. very nice to girls. (they know im a nice guy) i am clean, my hair isnt bad, my dress code are clean/skater/punk/converse kinda clothes. ( you get the idea) but i have some mild acne which turns extremely oily in less than 2 hours.

the thing is, i can't find a girlfriend. ok, i go up and try to start a conversation, (nice shoes, i like your hair etc etc..) but then what happens is that they wont try to talk me by bringing up subjects. so i'm always stuck up conversations. i am assuming its my acne.. i always have a few red marks + 1 or 2 gross yellow (i try to pop 'em if i can) ones with oils... is this why?

i know there are many possibilities, but let's just say they are not interested in me (ovbiously). i know i sound like an *** by saying "im too cool but girls wont talk to me" kinda way. but thats not what i meant. im just trying to figure out what is really wrong with me. only thing i can think of is this acne i've had for 5 years. i dont have any scars though. so please ladies, GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS!

Old 12-09-2003, 09:22 AM   #2

accu HB User
Re: Ladies! Im A Hopeless Guy! Help Me Please Respond!

dude, it's not your acne. If it's just mild, it's probably not your acne. You're just 17, you got plenty of years to get a girlfriend.

Also, what kind of girls are you trying to talk to? Do you know them well? maybe they have a boyfriend already. Maybe they're stuck up and superficial. Maybe they're trendy girls and you're a skater punk. Maybe they're posh and you're a skater punk. Maybe they're valedictorian-material and you're a skater punk. Are you sure you're talking to the right type of girls for you? You can't interest a bookish-girl with your latest skateboarding skills, nor a posh girl with your punky clothes. You get the idea.

Also, what stuff do you talk about? Maybe it's your conversational skills. There could be a whole array of explanations. Are you coming off as insincere? Do you seem desperate? No one likes a desperate guy.

But it's NOT your zits!! if it's just mild acne. If it's severe, then it could probably be your zits, but from your description, it doesn't sound like that at all.

Last edited by accu; 12-09-2003 at 09:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #3

matahari HB User

From what you said... it doesn't seem like your acne is all that bad. To most girls, it doesn't really matter if a guy has acne or not as long as he has a good personality. I dunno, maybe that's just me. Maybe you're just hitting on the wrong girls or somethin... the superficial type. I honestly don't think your acne has anything to do with it. If you see a girl you like, try to stay away from the "pick up line" approach (we really hate that!) and just simply walk over and say hi, introduce yourself and try to strike up a conversation. The way I figure it, you can't be the apple of everyone's eye, so don't get sad if you get shot down... just keep trying & you will eventually find a nice girl.

Anywho... if you're concerned about being oily... you should try using those Clean & Clean oil absorbing sheets. I use them in the summer when my skin gets all oily & gross... they work wonders!

Well... hope this was somewhat helpful to you. Good luck.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:28 AM   #4

neko13 HB User

I agree - it probably isn't your acne, because it doesn't sound bad at all!!

Lots of girls are shy about striking up conversations with guys they don't know, that's all. Just be yourself. Don't try to be "too cool."

Be nice and just ask her questions (general ones like, "What time is it?", and take it from there, or specific ones about herself, like "What do you think about this book?" etc.). Don't come on too strong.

And I agree about blotting papers. They can make my face look 100% better! And don't be afraid to use 2 or 3 at a time!

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #5

Amoira HB User

Also remember, even suave guys get turned down. Don't let one or 2 no's keep you from trying again. In sales they say one more no just means your closer to a yes.. yes meaning someone who is also interested in you Not to be crass, but think of it as a numbers game. Even if Brad Pit came up to me and asked me out I'd say no right now, because I am madly inlove with someone else. Don't take things too persoally. You never know what is going on with someone! Don't only talk to the most beautiful women either. Like everything else treasures come in many packages!

Old 12-09-2003, 07:25 PM   #6
(female)

Janette* HB User
Thumbs up Re: Ladies! Im A Hopeless Guy! Help Me Please Respond!

You sound pretty hot to me. I love skaters and punks... a combo is even better, lol.

Perhaps you just haven't found a girl your type? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Closed Thread