It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 02:59 PM   #1

matahari HB User
Question Queen Helen's Mint Julep Mask

I'm thinking about buying this stuff for a spot treatment. I currently use ProActiv refining mask as my spot treatment, but I want to try this stuff cause its cheeper . Has anyone had good luck/ bad luck with it?

I worried about it not being for acne prone skin.

Last edited by matahari; 12-09-2003 at 03:02 PM.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:17 AM   #2

matahari HB User
Re: Queen Helen's Mint Julep Mask

BUMP!! Anyone??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #3
(male)

pdb123 HB User

I've used it a few times. It seems to dry zits out a little, but it's by no means a miracle cure or anything. It doesn't seem to do any harm though, either.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #4

TranscendingAbyss HB User

I found that it helped any that I did have dry up faster and now that they're gone helps keep my skin smoother and helps a little with blackheads...

but it is a little drying and DO NOT use it if you're using anything BP.. wait a day for your skin to relax from the bp if you've been using it and want to change over.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #5

Boozer HB User

I use the full mask every now and then. Mostly I use it as a spot treatment to dry up current pimples. It is the best spot treatment I have tried. If you do use the full mask, I recommend using a moisturizer afterwards because it does leave your skin pretty dry. Best of all, it is really cheap, like 3$ for a tube. Someone once wrote on this board that they checked the list of ingredients and they were all non-comodegenic(sp?), meaning it won't clog pores. Give it a shot, Good luck!

Old 12-10-2003, 02:12 PM   #6

matahari HB User

Cool! I'm going to Walgreens after I get off work today and get some! I want to try it on my whole face... but I'm afraid... everything makes me break out if I'm not careful. I have two icky white pimples that are just screaming "POP US... YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!" but Im going to control myself and cover them in this stuff overnite... maybe they will go away!

Old 12-12-2003, 02:48 PM   #7

matahari HB User

Ok... I finally got the stuff... I had to drive all over town to find it because everyone was sold out. Finally found it at the ghetto Walgreens in the hood (sheesh... what I girl has to do to be beautiful)! It was on sale for $2.29 for a HUGE tube. I love the stuff!! I used as an overnight spot treatment on all my active spots, and by morning they were all dried out! I also put it on my bumpy scars for the last 4 nights and I swear they have gone down alot... one is even gone! Who would have thought some cheep stuff from the ghetto Walgreens would have turned out to be THE BEST spot treatment I have ever used (and I have used everything)?? Try it... you have nothing to loose... except maybe a big bulbus pimple or $2.29... he he

Closed Thread