It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 06:17 PM   #1

SuperNintendo20 HB User
Dermatologists

how many people here actually think that derms care/know whut their talking about.

personally all i see them as are money hungry pill-pushers, but then again, thats my opinion. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: Dermatologists

i definitely disagree with you.. the fact that people think derms don't know what they're talking about is kinda crazy if you think about it... obviously they are knowledgeable about a lot more than us..... just because something they prescribe you doesn't work, doesn't mean they're to blame...... or aren't knowledgeable.. and to call them pillpushers...?? isn't that what you go to the derm for in the first place? to get a medicine?? or some topicals..?? i mean if people think they're pill pushers.. why are they going to them to get pills in the first place then??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #3

LuckyStar1 HB User

Personally, I love my dermotologist. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He also seems to know what he is talking about b/c my face has cleared up immensely and I couldn't be happier. He is supportive and I love going to check ups to see him...even though they only last a few minutes.

Old 12-10-2003, 06:30 PM   #4

SuperNintendo20 HB User

lol i guess its only mine thats an ***.

Old 12-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendo20
how many people here actually think that derms care/know whut their talking about.

personally all i see them as are money hungry pill-pushers, but then again, thats my opinion. lol
Hey Nintendo,

Yes derms care and yes derms know what they are talking about, the only reason why you feel like this and about 90% of this board probably feel like this (including me) is because they cannot cure acne. What it comes down to, in THEIR opinion, is A) Acne is not life threatening and B) It cannot be cured.

It is not that they do not want to help you but rather they just can't because there is no known "safe" cure (ie no side-effects). I have spoken to my derm in depth about this as I was so fed up with him not resolving my skin problems and he finally admitted to me that there really is no medicine that will get rid of acne. I said well there must be something...and he just pointed to the sky and said yes..the sun! He said I advise you to move to a sunny climate.

He's right. It is the only know thing that will keep your face virtually 100% clear. The problem is the risk of skin cancer...

Last edited by Neca; 12-10-2003 at 06:48 PM.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:48 PM   #6
Inactive

sunfell HB User

The diet I wrote about will cure your acne 100% with no side effects except better health.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

I think dermatologists know what they're talking about. However, I think some just don't care. I think some of them see acne as non-life threatening, so they kinda neglect those patients. It really is terrible. Unless that dermatologist actually had acne, I don't think he/she realizes that acne can really destroy a person's life.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:55 PM   #8

sameroo18 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletinboard25
i definitely disagree with you.. the fact that people think derms don't know what they're talking about is kinda crazy if you think about it... obviously they are knowledgeable about a lot more than us..... just because something they prescribe you doesn't work, doesn't mean they're to blame...... or aren't knowledgeable.. and to call them pillpushers...?? isn't that what you go to the derm for in the first place? to get a medicine?? or some topicals..?? i mean if people think they're pill pushers.. why are they going to them to get pills in the first place then??
If they didnt prescribe pills or creams do u think they'd be getting big fat pay checks?

My uncles a derm and he said that they only spend about 1% of their time in school studying acne.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Nintendo most dermatologists do not know what they are doing and they are pill pushers like most doctors today. You have to research and find the top rated dermatologist in your area. The fact is the cause of acne is not known. Many of the studies I read state it is hereditary/ genetic.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #10

TheWildSide HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neca
I have spoken to my derm in depth about this...(
You spoke in depth with your derm about something? Wow, I've been trying to open a dialogue with my doc for two and a half years to no avail. And the two before that were the same way. I wish some derms would sign on here (although i think it's against board rules to say you're a health professional ) and explain to us their views on diet and acne, b5, etc.

Closed Thread