It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #1

fruitisgood0908 HB User
Sunfell-...too much fruit?

Hey there! I decided to start your diet plan a few days ago, but since I am limited to cooking because I go to college and live on campus I have been eating mostly raw foods all week and then eating cooked salmon and maybe some cooked veggies once or twice a week. Because of this I have taken on a primarily fruit diet, but I also eat some nuts and raw veggies throughout the day. I was just wondering if eating so much fruit will have any bad affects on my skin? I avoid citrus type fruits and bananas alot...just because I know other people have problems with them (I think I'll add them in more if my skin shows improvement and then see if they affect me), and mostly eat grapes, apples, peaches, apricots, pears, and things like that. I eat organic apples most of the time and any other organic fruit I can get, otherwise I have to settle for the grocery store fruit. Is this okay? Just checking! Thanks again for all of your help!

Lindsay

Old 12-10-2003, 09:51 PM   #2
Inactive

sunfell HB User
Re: Sunfell-...too much fruit?

That is really great actually. And it is great that you are managing salmon into this. There are some appliances that make it possible to cook in dorms. What you are doing is fine though. When following this diet, eating too much fruit is not an issue, and it is actually pretty good if you ask me. Keep me updated.

Here are PLU codes for genetically modified foods vs. conventional vs. organic:

A conventionally grown fruit would be: 4011

An organic fruit would be: 94011

A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) fruit would be: 84011

Last edited by sunfell; 12-10-2003 at 09:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 04:24 AM   #3
Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfell
That is really great actually. And it is great that you are managing salmon into this. There are some appliances that make it possible to cook in dorms. What you are doing is fine though. When following this diet, eating too much fruit is not an issue, and it is actually pretty good if you ask me. Keep me updated.

Here are PLU codes for genetically modified foods vs. conventional vs. organic:

A conventionally grown fruit would be: 4011

An organic fruit would be: 94011

A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) fruit would be: 84011
Sunfell could you tell me where I can find this diet you have formulated, it sounds interesting.

Fruitisgood0908 I would suggest not to overload yourself with too much food. The R.D.A. for veg/fruit is 5 pieces per day. You will not benefit any further (with regards to your skin) if you eat 6,8 or even 10 pieces of fruit per day. And eating alot of fruit means you will be taking in alot of sugar (which, even though is mostly instrinsic i.e. of the good type) which could cause you to break out. It is the same with anything, too much of something is not always a very good thing. Drinking too much water/day is not good for you and can damage your internal organs.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:46 AM   #4

SUFFERING654 HB User

Practice everything in moderation except for moderation which you should practice in excess

Old 12-11-2003, 06:02 AM   #5

fruitisgood0908 HB User

I do think things in excess can sometimes be bad...but I've read that fruitarians (who eat only fruit..and lots of it!) usually have very soft, ageless skin....so I would think fruit would be pretty beneficial. I'm sure I generally eat more than 5 servings a day(considering a serving is like 2 or 3 apples to me)...but I do group the types of fruit I eat together. For example, instead of eating 1 apple, some grapes, and a peach together, ...I eat 2 apples....or a bowl of grapes....or 2-3 peaches together...and I wait atleast an hour or two before I consume another type of fruit. I heard this was easier for digestion etc. of fruits. I was just wondering because I know there have been two sides to the issue of sugars...one saying to avoid them, and one saying to only cut out refined sugars.....but whatever anyone says...I don't believe anyone should cut out all fruits. I also don't go by the food pyramid chart....I don't believe their proportions are accurate on everything..but thats just me.

Lindsay

Old 12-11-2003, 06:02 AM   #6
Veteran

Neca HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFFERING654
Practice everything in moderation except for moderation which you should practice in excess
Haha Sufferings, great post! I like these wise words and am sure we mostly apply it to when we eat chocolate!!!

Old 12-11-2003, 06:50 PM   #7

TheWildSide HB User

Moderation is definetly key. I break out from eating too many (~3) peaches at one sitting or a bunch of grapes all at once. My body handles apples and bananas fine though. Also, just one orange will make me break out.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:57 PM   #8
Inactive

sunfell HB User

no Fruitisgood their proportions are not accurate. In fact, they are in the process of revising it. I have seen recommendations now for 8-9 servings. You simply can not eat too much fruit, in my book. They have so many life giving nutrients. Follow this diet and you can eat as many fruits as you like. If you are diabetic, clearly you need to also implement an appropriate glycemic proportion along with the diet, but I do not think that is the case here. Even if you are pre diabetic I do not think following a glycemic diet will prevent diabetes, however, I do think following a largely unprocessed diet with the exclusion of refined sugars/ingredients WILL. Follow this diet and I do not think you will have a problem metabolizing sugar. You will have enough nutrients to moderate inflammatory responses, so you can eat as many fruits as you like. Oranges are a common allergen as well as other citrus fruits. Check your fruit to make sure it is not GMO.

Try to wash your conventional produce as best you can. I would suggest to peel them because of pesticide residues but there are many nutrients in the peel. It is up to you.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-11-2003 at 10:07 PM.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:03 PM   #9
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Neca,

yes you can find it on either the "Diet regimen that cures acne" thread or the "acne is caused by diet" thread.

Closed Thread