It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 01:56 AM   #1

lippym HB User
Question Confidence

I have had pretty bad acne for about 3 years and those 3 years I have been shy and had pretty low confidence. What do you think I should do?
Stay the same and wait until they go or just forget about them and do anything even though they're there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 04:08 AM   #2
(male)

Karl2 HB User
Re: Confidence

I think you should be proactive and attempt to do something about it, even if success is not guaranteed. It's better to regret something you have done as oppossed to regretting something you haven't done. Try to avoid scarring if possible. Look at the diets that are hot talk on this board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 04:47 PM   #3

matahari HB User

I agree with Karl... there are alot of options out there to treat acne... you just have to do a little research and be willing to spend a little cash to find the perfect solution. This board has been so helpful to me... I found out about so many acne treatments that i never would have come across on my own. I actually think I found my perfect acne treatment as a result of this board! ( Thank you everybody!!! ).

Old 12-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #4
(female)

el_9_el HB User

I know how you feel. I've never had much confidence but the acne destroyed the tiny amount I did have. Some days I tried to just not worry about it and appear confident and happy...but even though I put on the show, I knew it wasn't how I felt underneath. I agree with the above posters in that you should do your best to seek a treatment that works. I found spiro which did the trick for me (stopped my severe acne)...and I tell you, once you've found what works for you, the confidence just comes as part of the package (I'm still not super confident, but I'm definitely happy and am a lot less ashamed of myself).
Don't stress too much, because one day you'll find what works and you'll return to your old self without having to force it.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:36 PM   #5

username100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippym
I have had pretty bad acne for about 3 years and those 3 years I have been shy and had pretty low confidence. What do you think I should do?
Stay the same and wait until they go or just forget about them and do anything even though they're there.
go to the gym, start playing a sport, though be careful what you eat. (see the diet threads) but if you focus on some activities, such as sport, where your face is not as important as other things, you get involved and gain confidence, friends, etc. obviously, don;'t choose acting or tv commercials, but something which involves your whole personallity, and people dont focus on your face.

it's easy to say, go ahead, pretend like it's you, but it affects you. thats why you gotta work on your body. if you are a guy, a nice 6 pack goes a long way. you won't be picking up the chicks in the club or in the bars, where the wrong type of lighting can really make anybody but with the flawless skin look bad, but you'd pick up chicks on the beach...

trust me, it works...

Closed Thread