It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #1

corona4 HB User
lumps in earlobes....anyone else?

i've got some little hard lumps in my earlobes...and i've had them for the past 6 months or so (since i've developed acne).

anyone else have the same things?

i've heard that they're related to acne. and when i pop them, the same sorta puss stuff comes out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #2

TranscendingAbyss HB User
Re: lumps in earlobes....anyone else?

Are they on the cartalidge or in the soft tissue at the bottom? Everyone in my family (even those who've never had pimples) has always had little lumps deep in the skin in our ears... I found that as long as I didn't mess with them they rarely ever acctually turned into pimples and pretty much went away on their own. I also seem to have stopped getting them completely since I got a second hole pierced in each ear. The holes just happened to be where the majority of them popped up... so I guess any impurities just get pushed out the hole now or something.. I don't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

Catherine21 HB User

I get them all the time--couldn't have my ears pierced because of them.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:15 PM   #4

corona4 HB User

yea...

they're at the very bottom...in the soft tissue.

and the same here, they never really flare up by themselves. if i push on them, or cut them open they get yucky and red and ooz stuff....so i try not to do that.

but i think they have some sort of relation to acne, because i didn't have them before i started getting pimples.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:44 PM   #5

TheWildSide HB User

I think that those are swollen lymph nodes. My sister and I get them also. She checked it out because she thought there was a chance that they were tumors, and she found out theyre harmless. Like you said, if you don't mess with them they'll usually go down.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildSide
I think that those are swollen lymph nodes. My sister and I get them also. She checked it out because she thought there was a chance that they were tumors, and she found out theyre harmless. Like you said, if you don't mess with them they'll usually go down.
Did you pierce your ear recently? It might be a keloid if you did, or infected.

Last edited by ForgottenFaith; 12-11-2003 at 09:23 PM.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:34 PM   #7

corona4 HB User

i haven't...

but i think wildside might be right...i remember hearing something about lymphnodes and them. but i think they're connected to acne in some way.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:20 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corona4
i haven't...

but i think wildside might be right...i remember hearing something about lymphnodes and them. but i think they're connected to acne in some way.
So you haven't got your ear lobes pierced recently or bought a new pair of earrings?

Old 12-12-2003, 03:40 AM   #9

TheWildSide HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenFaith
Did you pierce your ear recently? It might be a keloid if you did, or infected.
I've had similar things in my ears when they were pierced, but no piercings (in my ears) for years.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:47 AM   #10

lippym HB User

Yeah I have the same but i just think they are ordinary pimples.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #11

corona4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenFaith
So you haven't got your ear lobes pierced recently or bought a new pair of earrings?
nope. i've never had my ears pierced.

Old 12-13-2003, 01:52 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by corona4
nope. i've never had my ears pierced.

LOL, It's called acne. Unfortunately this is a form of acne that I recently acquired as a result of changing my diet (over 18 moths ago). Now, I know that sounds bad, but it's sorta a good thing too. As a result fo changing my diet my skin has never looked this good, BUT I am now more susceptible to Breaking out in new places that I didn't previously break out at, if I eat the WRONG foods. (just another signal to let me know that I've eaten something my body doesn't agree with)

Actually what I noticed is that certain foods cause me to breakout in certain places. Like Peanuts cause me to breakout on my forehead and that area in between my brows. Some sort of sugar causes me to breakout in my eyebrows and also gives me whiteheads and (drum roll)...

Whenever I eat (Refined) Gluten Free Cereal w/Organic Milk I breakout in and around my earlobes with pimples and tiny cysts! Uggh and I've tried this several times over and without a doubt I know that cereal and/or the organic milk combination causes this problem. I rarely eat cereals but every few months and when I did it would be near daily and sure enough I started to get acne in this area. As soon as I stopped, a few days later they disappeared. Start back up a few months later(plenty of time to heal) and a few days later that acne reappears.

In fact, I haven't had a bowl of cereal or oatmeal in over 4 months and I STILL have one tiny cyst in my earlobe that REFUSES to leave! It shrunk from being inflammed all the way down to something that you cant see. The only way someone could tell is if they were to actually touch my earlobe. =/

So I don't know if that is the EXACT cause for you, but if you eat cereals and/or milk you may want to give it up for a month. The Inflammation should go away rather quickly once you remove the irritant. Of course, another food could be the cause, but this is what I know causes this TYPE of acne for me so you may want to test it out first.

HTH & Let me know what works

Last edited by SweetJade1; 12-13-2003 at 02:10 AM.

Closed Thread