It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 12:52 PM   #1

A. Duie Pyle HB User
Please Read-this Really Works

First off let me say that I've been dealing with acne since my late teens on and off, but I've really struggled with it the past 4 or 5 years. I was on here about 6 weeks ago saying that I was experimenting with something and if it worked I would come back and share it with the board. I also want to add that my self-esteem has been just as low as everyone elses on here and I thought my face would NEVER clear up. Well I've been doing this now about 2 months and the results are absolutely incredible. Here it is:

LEMONS.I know you think you've heard it before with the lemons, but I haven't seen it on here like I use it. Quite simply:you drink it.

Go to the supermarket buy some lemons and purchase a juicer (usually in the appliances aisle or other stores,and not expensive at all). When you get home cut the lemon in half and juice both halves into the container. It's usually about 1/3 of a cup. Pour it into a glass and add 1 1/2 cups of water to the lemon juice.Stir. I highly suggest putting it in the freezer for about 20 or 30 minutes before you drink it because otherwise the taste is very strong and the colder it is the easier it will be to drink it.Stir it again when you take it out of the freezer. When you first try to drink it you're going to think there's no way that you can drink it all because it's so strong. And you might not even make it the first couple of times like me. You'll eventually build more of a tolerance and be able to get through it like me.

After about 3 or 4 weeks you'll notice that you're face is smoother and clearing. I had cysts around my jawline that are now gone. The first time I noticed this was when I was washing my face with my hands (no washcloth of course) and I didn't feel the cysts there. It was INCREDIBLE. I looked in the mirror and they were gone. After doing this for 2 months now I can even let the shower hit my face directly without pain. I definately drink the lemon once maybe even twice a day.

It is now a lot easier for me to drink the lemons and water. I still try to drink a bottle of water a day but sometimes I don't. I'm not going to tell anyone here to stop with your topicals or antibiotics but I urge you to add the lemons and water to what you're doing.

PLEASE,PLEASE people try it for 1 month and see if makes a difference. I'm almost certain you'll see an improvement. You have nothing to lose like me. I'm now a lot more happier and willing to go out in public. And people have commented on how great my skin looks. Who'd have thunk it, a lemon and some water. So simple. Just try it for 1 month guys.

FYI- I wash my face with just warm water or PURPOSE soap about every 4 or 5 times and if I need to AVEENO's daily moisturizing lotion with natural colloidal oatmeal. The scrub I use is once in a blue moon is ST. IVES ULTRA GENTLE APRICOT SCRUB SENSITIVE SKIN.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 01:32 PM   #2
Veteran

Neca HB User
Re: Please Read-this Really Works

[QUOTE=A. Duie Pyle]
FYI- I wash my face with just warm water or PURPOSE soap about every 4 or 5 times and if I need to AVEENO's daily moisturizing lotion with natural colloidal oatmeal. QUOTE]

I have been doing this for the past two years, but instead of using one whole lemon per day I use just half. I think the Vitamin C in the lemon water is good for your overall health but I'm not sure if it really does anything to your general skin complexion. I haven't really noticed much difference to my skin if I drink lemon water for one week and then stop for another week. I doubt it will make much more difference if I start doing one whole lemon each but I will give it a go.

Duie Pyle you say you wash your face "every 4 or 5 times" but what does that mean? Per week? Per Day? Per Year????

Old 12-11-2003, 01:56 PM   #3

A. Duie Pyle HB User

I mean every 4th or 5th face wash I use the PURPOSE soap. The other times I just use warm water.

Old 12-11-2003, 02:11 PM   #4
Veteran

Neca HB User

What is your skin complexion now? Are you taking any otc/prescribed medicines? Are you really convinced the lemons are the reason why your skin has improved so much? If so, I guess I will be drinking more lemon water...

Old 12-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #5

A. Duie Pyle HB User

Well I would get a lot of white heads,cysts around the jaw line and my forehead was terrible. I'm not taking anything now. I was taking mino but that made my eyes yellow so I stopped. Right now my forehead is totally clear, I don't have anymore cysts and I don't get the whitheads anymore which was a huge problem for me.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #6

A. Duie Pyle HB User

Bumping Up

Old 12-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #7
Inactive

sunfell HB User

There is basis to this. Lemons are cleansing. They aid in mucus removal in the gut, toxin removal, and bowel regularity. It dissolves and eliminates toxins and congestion that have formed in different parts of the body. It aids in cleansing the kidneys and the digestive system. This takes a burden off your liver, aiding it in removing toxins, which in turn takes the burden off of your skin. It helps food move through quickly. (Not to mention its Vitamin C content which boots the immune system) There is also interesting research on lemons activity on HIV and AIDS. If anyone wants to see the connection between diet and acne all they have to do is a vegetable juice fast for 10 days or a lemonade drink fast for ten days. Here is how to make a lemonade drink for cleansing and fasting purposes:

2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice (about ½ lemon.)
2 Tablespoons genuine pure maple syrup
1/10 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste [Minimum 100,000 H.U.]
Purified Water, medium hot

Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz glass and fill with medium hot water (Cold water may be used if preferred). Be sure to use fresh (organic) lemons or limes never canned or frozen.

Of course, if anyone is going to follow a ten day fast or longer, be sure to do so under the guide of professionals. Read up. The most important thing of a fast is how you come off of it. That is the only dangerous part of a fast. A lot of nazi concentration camp survivors, for instance, survived only to die by eating too much.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-13-2003 at 02:24 PM.

Old 12-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Yeah, lemon juice is suggested as a means of cleansing the liver on a detox diet.

I can't understand why anyone would want to sweeten lemon juice, though. I don't know a single other person in the world who can do this but I can happily eat a whole lemon (skin included) without wincing. I love them Having said that, though, I also like crunching on ice cubes (straight from the freezer) and people think I must have false teeth to be able to handle it. I guess my teeth are just as insensitive as my taste buds

I will try adding fresh lemon juice to my water. I've done it before but I got fed up of juicing them. Now I'm back at my family home I can use the Kenwood Chef. I will buy a shed load of lemons tomorrow.

Old 12-13-2003, 04:50 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

By the way, I might fast for a few days. I seriously need to lose a few pounds 'cos I'm getting slow at running again. Life's been too easy for me recently - I need some grit again; the eye of the tiger

sunfell, how long do you reckon I should go with just lemon water (as I say, I don't want to add anything extra)? I weigh 70kg (is that 154lb?) and am about 6' tall.

By the way, I don't want you to feel like I'm going to starve myself 'cos you suggested it - I do this regularly when I worry about losing my edge and was going to anyway. I just value your advice. I think I'll just go for a couple (2-3) of days, since I only need to lose puppy fat.

Last edited by jhart999; 12-13-2003 at 04:54 PM.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #10
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Generally speaking, Jhart, you lose 1 pound every day on a fast (30 days=30 pounds.) The average male can water fast for 60 days before suffering kidney damage. This does not take into consideration activity level or metabolism. If you are doing a vegetable juice fast it will slow this down depending on how much vegetable juice you consume. Vegetable juice fasts are the safest. This lemon drink fast would probably make you lose weight faster than vegetable juice. I only suggest doing a long term fast for health reasons, and not weight loss. Besides, you will only be left with a slower metabolism afterwards (which is good) and your body will quickly put the weight back (mostly as fat.) I have heard of short term fasts (one day) giving people a competitive edge in running as well as taking tests. I would do it for a few days depending on what you want to achieve out of it, though you will end up burning muscle when you run. Something to be considered.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-13-2003 at 11:04 PM.

Old 12-14-2003, 02:53 PM   #11
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Oh yea Jhart, one more thing I completely forgot. I don't know anyone who can eat a raw lemon. You are the first. It is important to add the maple syrup, though, anyway. The purpose of the maple syrup is not to sweeten the drink as much as it is to add important minerals. Grade B and C Maple syrup have more minerals and are probably better choices than Grade A, but anyone attempting this always get 100% maple syrup.

Old 12-14-2003, 03:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

I had my run this morning and felt pretty sluggish. I went out with my parents to a restaurant yesterday evening and ate ridiculous amounts of food. I absolutely *hate* the feeling of running with a stodgy stomach. I prefer the kind of running when you have to push yourself, not being pushed by the feeling of being overweight. So I've only had lemon water today. I don't feel hungry in the slightest and can't wait to run again tomorrow feeling a lot lighter and bouncier as a result. It's still pretty cold, though

Ok, I will look into getting maple syrup. But I don't think you can beat the taste of a good tangy lemon

Last edited by jhart999; 12-14-2003 at 03:25 PM.

Old 12-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #13

A. Duie Pyle HB User

sunfell, I haven't changed my diet at all,except that I try to eat apples at least once a day. LOL

But really, I wasn't going anyhere until I started drinking the lemon water(see start of thread everyone) and I can't attribute my clearing to anything else. Which is why I suggest people add it to their antibiotic or topicals.

Old 12-15-2003, 02:53 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User
Wink Re: Please Read-this Really Works

Jhart, My mom is a dentist and always yells at me and my sister when we chew ice!! It actually causes hairline fractures in your teeth. Anyways, just thought you might like to know and to be careful!!
-Latayy

Old 12-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Seriously?!! I was munching on a piece at work just earlier today. I love it - it's so intensely refreshing. Thanks for the warning.

Closed Thread