It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 07:06 PM   #1

username100 HB User
sunfell-weight issues

Hi there:

Well, i;ve been following a similar diet -- oatmeal for breakfast, some chicken/fish/spinahc soup/fish for lunch/dinner. Ive totally cut dairy, white bread, sugar, anything cooked/prepared. I've sean some definite improvement.
However, the better results i get, the more food I cut out, and its spinning out of control -- im eating bananas, apples, carots, tomatoes, all day long and osme fish and nothng else

However, I've lost a lot of weight. Im 6-1, was 180, but now im 140. Its ridiculous how fast and easy i've lost 40 ounds for about 2 onths. i feel fine, but just skinny and weak. and being a guy, i kinda look ridiculously thin. This, however, is an absolutely small price to pay for th eresults im seeing.

however, long story short, people are greedy. so I now was wondering how to gain some weight on a diet of fruits and fish. I dont think thats possible.

I've started eating a slice or two of rye bread (no wheat, no sugar added) or so it says, but I am absolutely paranoid. I'd eat packets of raw almonds. how much is too much? what to eat. please help if you can.

by the by for supplements im taking fish oil omega 3, garlic, b5 two times X 250mg (figured wouldnt hurt) and vitamin C 500, though i eat tons of lemons, grapes, so i probably get it anyway. i dont know if any one is helping or is it just the diet. i'll try zinc soon

sorry for long post, for all out there, keep up with the diet, it shows REAL RESULTs (now, if i were an overweight girl to begin with, now i'd be a supermodel )))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

erica1213 HB User
Re: sunfell-weight issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by username100
Hi there:

Well, i;ve been following a similar diet -- oatmeal for breakfast, some chicken/fish/spinahc soup/fish for lunch/dinner. Ive totally cut dairy, white bread, sugar, anything cooked/prepared. I've sean some definite improvement.
However, the better results i get, the more food I cut out, and its spinning out of control -- im eating bananas, apples, carots, tomatoes, all day long and osme fish and nothng else

However, I've lost a lot of weight. Im 6-1, was 180, but now im 140. Its ridiculous how fast and easy i've lost 40 ounds for about 2 onths. i feel fine, but just skinny and weak. and being a guy, i kinda look ridiculously thin. This, however, is an absolutely small price to pay for th eresults im seeing.

however, long story short, people are greedy. so I now was wondering how to gain some weight on a diet of fruits and fish. I dont think thats possible.

I've started eating a slice or two of rye bread (no wheat, no sugar added) or so it says, but I am absolutely paranoid. I'd eat packets of raw almonds. how much is too much? what to eat. please help if you can.

by the by for supplements im taking fish oil omega 3, garlic, b5 two times X 250mg (figured wouldnt hurt) and vitamin C 500, though i eat tons of lemons, grapes, so i probably get it anyway. i dont know if any one is helping or is it just the diet. i'll try zinc soon

sorry for long post, for all out there, keep up with the diet, it shows REAL RESULTs (now, if i were an overweight girl to begin with, now i'd be a supermodel )))

oooooooooh, can we eat oatmeal with honey? is that safe? I'm trying out this diet too, btw. how long have you been on this diet? you say you've noticed an improvement. how much? Thanks!

Old 12-11-2003, 08:28 PM   #3

username100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica1213
oooooooooh, can we eat oatmeal with honey? is that safe? I'm trying out this diet too, btw.

2. how long have you been on this diet? you say you've noticed an improvement. how much? Thanks!

1.I started cutting out all those foods just on my own just out of sheer desperation, starting 2-3 months ago. I cut dairy and bread, sugar, for good etc. two months ago, because once i realized it was getting results, i'd blacklist even more foods.

Now, i've been eating oatmeal (with lots of honey yes ), since about three weeks ago, just to get some energy back, and not go anorexic, but honestly havnt seen deterioration.

2. well, I don;t want to jinx it, but A LOT. both because my skin is clear (still some unevenness from scars; i wasnt *that* bad to begin with, but still flare up occasionally, and have red bumps on my face). it was like this since high school, now im 23. now, on the diet, from time to time i;d get a pimple/bump but whereas it;d be days before its gone before, now it goes away in a day or overnight. i gotta tell you though, 6 months ago, a year, you'd never care about something that small, but once you've been better, and seen what it feels to be clear, just a little thing seems like a huge deal, bringing up bad memories. and its not even been one -two months since i could say ive been clear. I dont even want to think how my life wouldve been if someone told me this 5 years ago, i've been eating so much bread, pasta, sugars, etc...

I really wish you good luck. just give it a try, but be consistent for about three weeks lots of all kinds of fruits and veggies (esp. tomatoes) and barbecued fish, you have nothing to lose (cept weight )).

Old 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #4
Inactive

sunfell HB User

To gain weight all you have to do is eat more. The issue with weight is simply that it is difficult to eat more when you are on a restricted diet (or lets just say it is easy to lose weight on a restricted diet), since you are always concerned. The way to do this is to expand your idea of food choices and meals. Go to a bookstore and pick up a recipe book of another culture, like japanese. Remember it is the western diet that gives people acne. So look into what other cultures eat or have eaten traditionally. That should give you some ideas. Hey, look at what the sumo wrestlers eat. They eat a huge meal once a day. I would suggest not eating one huge meal but two huge meals so you get better chances of nutrient absorption. Make sure you eat 2500 calories. Here is a sample of what a sumo wrestler eats:

This is a stew served to sumo wrestlers:

1 medium chicken
2-3 leeks, washed and trimmed
4 carrots, peeled
1 daikon radish, peeled
1 medium or large potato, peeled
Salt
10-12 shiitake mushrooms
(if using dry ones, soak
in warm water until soft)
2 medium onions, peeled
1 medium cabbage, washed
1-2 cakes deep-fried tofu (aburage) (optional)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
1/2 teaspoon salt

Of course you would not eat your tofu "deep fried" but you can cook it. Replace soy sauce with tamari, which is the traditional japanese wheat free version of soy sauce.

Username. You can't "jinx it"! haha It is fool proof! I am very glad to hear your success with this, overall. Thank you very much for sharing. You may want to go to this thread "Diet regimen that cures acne" for a list of which foods and ingredients to avoid that have shown results.

oh one other suggestion. When you lose weight it becomes difficult to concentrate. You just want to eat something right away and not have to deal with figuring it all out. Getting a friend to help you out with this is probably a good idea. Almonds and other nuts are an easy way to get a lot of calories.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-11-2003 at 10:34 PM.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:16 PM   #5
Inactive

sunfell HB User

Erica,

I must warn you. There are a few who cannot tolerate the gluten in oats, so I would suggest replacing them with other gluten free whole grain varieties such as: tapioca, buckwheat, wild rice, brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, potato flour, soy flour, lentil flour, millet, brown rice flour, nut butters such as almond butter.

Last edited by sunfell; 12-11-2003 at 09:16 PM.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:48 AM   #6

Amoira HB User

What about more good oils like putting plenty of olive oil on your fish and veggies. What about almond butter on your carrots? I don't know if these are ok things on your diet, but they are high calorie and the olive oil is super good for you.. Sunfel, not sure if these are no-no's or not.

Old 12-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #7
(female)

el_9_el HB User

You could try eating nuts. They've got a high fat content, but it's good fat - fat that lowers bad cholesterol. You don't have to eat too many to consume quite a bit of fat...and they're low GI too (very low) which means, for those who believe the GI-acne connection, they won't cause break-outs.

Closed Thread