It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 11:22 PM   #1

disco HB User
Biggest depressing shock ever... digital cam...

Sigh... this evening I tried out the digital cam just to see how bad my skin was.. ouch... I've always thought it was bad, but it's worse. I couldn't believe it - nearly knowcked the wind out of me. My neck is SOOOOO red and disgusting looking. I see my girlfriend Saturday (haven't seen in 3 months) and I'm a zillion times worse... she doesn't care... but her brother, also my best friend, has FLAWLESS skin, and I seriuosly don't want him to come out here... I'd rather just stay in my room and never see daylight again. But I have to teach tomorrow, luckily a nice little grade 1/2 class... but... sigh... I think I'm ditching Doxy (basically NO results after 6 weeks, pluse stupid Steivamycin gel has made things WORSE WAAAAYYYY worse the last 3 months. My acne has deteriorated soooo much since going to the doctor. I think it's time to ditch the meds, and grow a beard. If anytone thinks I should give the Dody more time (seriously, there's been NO slowing down ofnew acne, and just a gradual spreading out, plus all the ones that come and go leave way more marks than they used to.... *sigh* What should I do?
Sorry for the verbosity of this post, but I'm just really down and crushed at the moment. People with clear skin don't have any clue, do they...
With heavy heart
Disco

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
Re: Biggest depressing shock ever... digital cam...

well if your a teacher you must make pretty good money.i have 3 teachers in my family and they all make over 50,000 dollars a year.i might make 30,000 dollars this year with my job.i am spending almost 3000 dollars on 2 thermages.im getting one done today in harrisburg,pa.it hurts pretty bad but doesnt affect your surface skin.its high frequency radio waves thar heat up your collegen under your skin.it takes up to 6 months to see the full results.my skin looks great and im 42 and i look better than i ever did but my face was clear before my thermage.it was approved last january for minor tighting and lifting of the skin but has since been approved for acne and acne scarring.its still to early to tell yet but i heard they have had great results with acne patients.plus its good to shop around for prices.in a large city you might pay 5000 dollars for a full face.but in more rural areas where we dont make as much money you might pay way less.it might be worth 1600 dollars to clear your skinup.or you might just want to go on accutane.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 04:02 AM   #3

TheWildSide HB User

What other meds has the doctor tried? If you're open to taking supplements, b5 has done wonders for me. Also, some changes to diet can go a long way.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #4

matahari HB User

Hey Disco...

I know how you feel. Last weekend, my girls and I went to the block party of the year so I decided to bring my digital cam with me and snap a few pix for the good old scrap book. The next day I downloaded the pix and was soooo depressed to see how horrible my face looked. I wanted to cry!! I decided to go back to my doctor and try another method. She put me Erythromycin (250mg twice a day) and I swear its helped so much in just a few days. I am also on a really low dose of Spiro, but I dont really recommend that because your a guy. I have also been using Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask as an overnight spot treatment for the zits I have left and it works great. Maybe you should try Erythro if what your on isnt working? But for sure get a tube of the Mint Julep ($3 for a huge tube at most drug stores).

Anywho... dont stress yourself out too much about it. Obviously your girlie loves you no matter what... I dont think a few pimples will change that.

Closed Thread